Bruce Springsteen's "Greetings From Asbury Park, N.J." Coming to MoFi SACD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't personally care about this, but I'm sure many of you do. Springsteen's debut, now for pre-order on stereo SACD. And, if a mod can please fix my thread title. Asbury, not Ashbury. Sheesh...lol

https://www.importcds.com/greetings-from-asbury-park-n-j/821797226462
Somebody's bound to say it, so it might as well be me: wouldn't it be nice to have a 50th-anniversary Atmos mix? (Or even a long-lost quad?) Ah, well.

I think you're allowed to edit the title of a thread that you opened?

Well, lookie here! Soundboy had already started a thread. Seriously, before I started my thread, I did a search for the name of the title, and got no hits....oh well. lol

I've been listening to the first four Bruce albums a lot lately. An SACD of the debut doesn't really move the needle for me. It's just a mess of an album, sonically and musically. Don't get me wrong-- it's good and has its moments, but I can't imagine that an SACD is going to make it sound better. Now the Steven Wilson treatment might, but I'm guessing that a lot of those tracks are mixed down or live takes, without an opportunity to provide proper track separation in a multichannel mix.

The Wild, The Innocent, and The E Street Shuffle is probably the same way, but man that is a really unheralded album that I would drool at over its multichannel possibilities. It, Born to Run, and Darkness are up there with the best 3 consecutive albums released, IMHO.

Darkness & BTR as either Steve Wilson multi-channel, or even Bob Clearmountain atmos would be an absolute treat :D

I know Bob C has "dabbled" with an atmos mix of Born In The USA (song, not album), but this may have just been for his own enjoyment, rather than any indication of a future project.....

Back