Bryan Adams - Reckless (5.1 Remix by Bob Clearmountain)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You don't have to pay $30 unless you need to buy from amazon...another option is HERE...if you would have used the promo code I posted yesterday here you could have ordered it for under $22(which I did)..

I could be wrong, but I have not heard the best things about the service from ImportCDs, therefore Amazon will do just fine for me.

Thanks for the scans, Audi!

Since Reckless is not one of my favorite albums (just like Bryan Adams is not one of my favorite artists) I'm still torn whether I should get the box or the standalone BDA.
Currently on amazon the box is the better deal (4 discs for $67) as opposed to just the Blu-Ray at $30.
Maybe some reviews on the mix will help... ;)

It is also not my favorite music, so I went for the Blu-Ray.
But I can tell you, that the mix is fantastic. :)

Thanks for the scans, Audi!

Since Reckless is not one of my favorite albums (just like Bryan Adams is not one of my favorite artists) I'm still torn whether I should get the box or the standalone BDA.
Currently on amazon the box is the better deal (4 discs for $67) as opposed to just the Blu-Ray at $30.
Maybe some reviews on the mix will help... ;)

If I have a choice of a stand alone hi-res version, I'll in most cases choose that (that's the disc I listen to 99% of the time).

I have not listened very much to the 5.1 mix yet, but first impressions of the mix is positive.

Audio Quality: Good
Vocals: Main and center
Rear: There are instruments most of the time (not a mirror of the front).

Last edited:
I could be wrong, but I have not heard the best things about the service from ImportCDs, therefore Amazon will do just fine for me.

I've ordered from there quite a few times and no problems...they are slow...to be candid amazon has been the worst lately for me...they used to be the best but have gone down in service...way too many mistakes...there still is deepdiscount and bullmoose both of which are cheaper than amazon...I'm at the point right now with 3rd party sellers on amazon where I'm about to not do any more business on there for hi rez discs it's so bad

The two problems I've seen lately with Amazon with being a 'Prime' member is when I go to order a product, it'll state a certain guaranteed delivery day and when they go to ship it out, the shipping notice changes to a day or two later. The other issue I've seen when ordering from third party sellers not located in my State, they charge sales tax. :rolleyes:

The two problems I've seen lately with Amazon with being a 'Prime' member is when I go to order a product, it'll state a certain guaranteed delivery day and when they go to ship it out, the shipping notice changes to a day or two later. The other issue I've seen when ordering from third party sellers not located in my State, they charge sales tax. :rolleyes:

The problems I'm having with 3rd party sellers on amazon is that quite a few times if I order a used SACD I end up with a regular CD...if I order a dual disc..it's not a dual disc....right now I have ordered a used "like new" SHM-SACD...I placed the order on Oct 28th...it still hasn't even shipped...I sent 2 emails to the seller and no response...normally I would just cancel the order but part of the order was in the form of reward points which equates to cash in the purchase...if I cancel the order I lose that money...if the seller cancels I lose that money...the equally sad part is that the seller must have that title because he has another copy just like mine in the same condition for the same price right now in the product listing...I sent amazon a very long and detailed explanation and what I received from them were links to the various procedures on amazon...which I am aware of...

In addition to these ordering problems amazon now wants everybody that sells a dvd or blu ray over $25 to become "professional sellers"...which involves an application and other requirements...all this to just sell something on amazon...which I don't do very often...in short the amazon marketplace isn't monitored very much or at all by amazon and the "inmates are running the asylum"

^hopefully the seller is just on vacation due to the holiday this week.... good to know about the reward points..i wasn't aware of the potential problem going that route...

Still torn on getting this release just cause after listening to the whole album, less than half of it is really enjoyable to me.

"One Night Love Affair", "Run to You", and "Summer of 69" are all great, but I'm not sure how many repeated listens many of the other songs on the album will get.

Still torn on getting this release just cause after listening to the whole album, less than half of it is really enjoyable to me.

"One Night Love Affair", "Run to You", and "Summer of 69" are all great, but I'm not sure how many repeated listens many of the other songs on the album will get.

yeah, I know what you mean. Honestly, I'm just a surround/hi-rez snob. I want to buy as much as I can as I always fear the market will dry up.

I could easily add "Heaven" and "Somebody" to that list.

I could easily add "Heaven" and "Somebody" to that list.

And, "It's Only Love", "Long Gone" and....well.......the whole damn album is good! (y) smiley_biggrin.gif

The one's you've mentioned are overplayed for me, it's album tracks like 'Long Gone' and 'Ain't Gonna Cry' that I'm looking forward to.

LOL you guys. Man, I went to bed thinking I should cancel my order...woke up and sitting tight. I'm gonna go ahead and keep the order. I think I will enjoy the disc.

Hmm, I never listened to the entire "Reckless" album, but I do know most tracks from airplay and the best-of compilations, and I know several others from the 1988 live disc. So in the end, there's only 1 or 2 tracks here that I actually haven't heard.

What strikes me as odd is that you guys mention liking some songs and not others. To me, this is a very clear-cut "you like it or you don't" deal. They're too similar in style and sound to vary on my likability scale. :) Looking forward to the BluRay. I think this will be an awesome one.

Hmm, I never listened to the entire "Reckless" album, but I do know most tracks from airplay and the best-of compilations, and I know several others from the 1988 live disc. So in the end, there's only 1 or 2 tracks here that I actually haven't heard.

What strikes me as odd is that you guys mention liking some songs and not others. To me, this is a very clear-cut "you like it or you don't" deal. They're too similar in style and sound to vary on my likability scale. :) Looking forward to the BluRay. I think this will be an awesome one.

I have my own version of what strikes me as odd.....people say they don't want to hear the songs From Reckless and Songs From The Big Chair that made Bryan Adams and Tears For Fears famous and these albums as popular as they were back in the day...I can understand somewhat when someone says they heard a song too much and it was played constantly..but these albums are almost 30 years old...that's a LONG time to be "worn out" on some songs...they aren't playing these songs very much NOW any place I am aware of...I want the hit songs...bring them on...the more there are the better:)

I never got tired of Bryan Adams, in all honestly. He's one of those guilty pleasure artists.....Never owned any of his music, don't much hear it on the radio anymore...so...I'm good to go hearing Summer of 69 in glorious hi-rez surround. My wife had Reckless on cassette when we were dating...lol. She will love hearing this I think.

Back