Bryan Adams Reckless - Replacement Discs

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received a further reply from Janice. I was rather disappointed. Below is the email I received and after I'll post my response. I suspect I will have to repurchase at a much higher cost, maybe splurging for the Deluxe Edition so I can guarantee a good gold copy of the disc. Did any discs from the Deluxe Edition fail?

Hello Matthew

I am so sorry but unfortunately that release is no longer available - we have searched our warehouse and archives for possible stock but to no avail. You must be disappointed – is there another Bryan Adams release that we could send you as some kind of compensation? We have the Reckless Vinyl album and CD and of course many other Bryan Adams releases. If you could let me know if you’re interested in any of his other product I will check stock first!

Again, please accept our apologies.

Best wishes

Janice

On behalf of Universal Music Group, London

And my response:

Hi Janice,

Thank you for getting back to me and for searching for a replacement. You are right that I am disappointed it is no longer available. I purchased this title as I wanted the surround sound remix. I still have my original LP in good condition for the original stereo mix. I have looked at Amazon Canada and US and see they still have stock of the single disc Blu-Ray as well as the Deluxe Edition with Blu-Ray, which the latter seems to not have been issued with the defect prone Blu-Ray. Would you have any way of offering me a coupon or arrangement for discount with either Amazon site for either edition? I do not want to seem greedy by preferring the Deluxe Edition, but I'd feel assured of getting a disc that won't fail. Failing these options, could at least the download of the 5.1 mix be made available? My download card never worked for me. I have to assume I waited too long for that option. The download site has changed and my code seems to break the site. If these things I have suggested aren't possible please let me know and we can decide from there what to do.

Thank you again for taking the time to get back to me and for searching for a replacement for me.

Matthew

Can anyone tell me if the download options had a 5.1 mix available and did anyone DL it? My download never worked. The site crashed after I put in my code.

I received a further reply from Janice. I was rather disappointed. Below is the email I received and after I'll post my response. I suspect I will have to repurchase at a much higher cost, maybe splurging for the Deluxe Edition so I can guarantee a good gold copy of the disc. Did any discs from the Deluxe Edition fail?

Hello Matthew

I am so sorry but unfortunately that release is no longer available - we have searched our warehouse and archives for possible stock but to no avail. You must be disappointed – is there another Bryan Adams release that we could send you as some kind of compensation? We have the Reckless Vinyl album and CD and of course many other Bryan Adams releases. If you could let me know if you’re interested in any of his other product I will check stock first!

Again, please accept our apologies.

Best wishes

Janice

On behalf of Universal Music Group, London

And my response:

Hi Janice,

Thank you for getting back to me and for searching for a replacement. You are right that I am disappointed it is no longer available. I purchased this title as I wanted the surround sound remix. I still have my original LP in good condition for the original stereo mix. I have looked at Amazon Canada and US and see they still have stock of the single disc Blu-Ray as well as the Deluxe Edition with Blu-Ray, which the latter seems to not have been issued with the defect prone Blu-Ray. Would you have any way of offering me a coupon or arrangement for discount with either Amazon site for either edition? I do not want to seem greedy by preferring the Deluxe Edition, but I'd feel assured of getting a disc that won't fail. Failing these options, could at least the download of the 5.1 mix be made available? My download card never worked for me. I have to assume I waited too long for that option. The download site has changed and my code seems to break the site. If these things I have suggested aren't possible please let me know and we can decide from there what to do.

Thank you again for taking the time to get back to me and for searching for a replacement for me.

Matthew

Can anyone tell me if the download options had a 5.1 mix available and did anyone DL it? My download never worked. The site crashed after I put in my code.

Thanks for posting this, Circular Vibes. Janice offered me the CD/vinyl combination too. I think I'll take the CD as it's better than nothing but please let us know if you end up getting a download. I used the download code back when I purchased the BD and it didn't come with the 5.1 mix. It was mp3s only but there were some live tracks on there that weren't on the BD. The BD also has a few extra stereo tracks that should be easy for them to put on the website if they're going to offer to remedy the situation that way. Let's hope they do.

I do think Janice is trying to make it right, I just wish a surround option had been offered. I am deathly afraid of my HFPA discs dying on me as some weren't so cheap and all I have bought are definitely keepers. I love the sound of all I have bought so far. At least I got GnR for half price and 10% off. Abbey Road isn't cheap and neither was Sgt. Pepper. I am more scared now of jumping on TWA. Not Trans World Airlines either! I must say that I am appreciative of getting a real human response finally though.

I do think Janice is trying to make it right, I just wish a surround option had been offered. I am deathly afraid of my HFPA discs dying on me as some weren't so cheap and all I have bought are definitely keepers. I love the sound of all I have bought so far. At least I got GnR for half price and 10% off. Abbey Road isn't cheap and neither was Sgt. Pepper. I am more scared now of jumping on TWA. Not Trans World Airlines either! I must say that I am appreciative of getting a real human response finally though.
Yep, I agree. If you're not doing it already, I'd recommend backing up your music with help from these threads: https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/index.php?threads/converting-mch-discs-101-overview.22384/ and https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...-blu-ray-players-used-for-sacd-ripping.26078/. I've recently finished doing all mine and only had a few that wouldn't play ball. Always pays to have a back-up!

To all that have read through this thread, I have had a further positive response from Janice and await permission to share it. She has been most helpful. As to backing stuff up, I intend to try wrapping my head around doing so as replacements are either much more than I paid originally or no longer available. To those who have offered help, you know who you are, a BIG THANK YOU!

I had another email from Janice and my situation has been successfully resolved. I have been asked not to post the outcome and am respecting her wishes. Her email address was actually only to deal with Abbey Road concerns and she will soon be going to another position in Universal. I have thanked her for her help and given her good wishes in her new position. I did ask her to let me know if there is a better contact for these disc failures in future. Will post when I can. I also invited her and anyone at Universal to come check out QQ and to consider joining our industry section and come to answer questions and offer possible support. I can say that I am extremely pleased with my outcome and applaud Universal and Janice for their professional support and kindness.

Here is what I heard from Janice, cut from the email;

Regarding other issues with faulty product, I’m afraid there isn’t what we may call a central “complaints” department or procedure as it all depends on the record label for each release. Initially I was working, with a team, on the Abbey Road blu-ray issue (as it is a very recent release) and we announced our contact details on the Steve Hoffmann forum. However, we did receive, as you know 😊, messages regarding other artists. In each case I replied separately and was able to help, luckily! I would hope that, if there were any future problems, a similar team would also be set up to deal with each one so I think those music forums would be the best place to start.

Let's hope a future contact will be at least as helpful as Janice has been so far.

Circular thanks for posting above.
I have also emailed her asking for a possible solution and I will wait for her response.
Yes I agree she is being helpful.
I'm afraid my only solution will be to look for a used copy of the gold label edition or buy that box set which I don't want.

It is stll in stock as of this morning on Amazon Canada and US as stand alone or Deluxe Edition.

Stand alone disc Canada

https://www.amazon.ca/Reckless-30th...+adams+reckless+blu+ray&qid=1572476143&sr=8-1

Deluxe Edition Canada

https://www.amazon.ca/Reckless-Anni...ords=B00NG63A6G&qid=1572476403&s=music&sr=1-1

Stand alone disc US

https://www.amazon.com/Reckless-Blu...ords=B00NG63A0M&qid=1572476351&s=music&sr=1-1

Deluxe Edition US (claims to be PAL rather than NTSC, may be in error)

https://www.amazon.com/Reckless-Blu...9&sprefix=bryan+adams+reckless,aps,189&sr=8-1

As to getting the box set, It isn't a huge price difference now the stand alone has risen in price. I haveb noway of knowing if the stand alone discs are gold or silver label versions. I understand spme stand alone discs with gold bels had a sticker om the back covering the made in EU with made in Germany. A polite question and some patience to Amazon may help clarify.

I had another email from Janice and my situation has been successfully resolved. I have been asked not to post the outcome and am respecting her wishes. Her email address was actually only to deal with Abbey Road concerns and she will soon be going to another position in Universal. I have thanked her for her help and given her good wishes in her new position. I did ask her to let me know if there is a better contact for these disc failures in future. Will post when I can. I also invited her and anyone at Universal to come check out QQ and to consider joining our industry section and come to answer questions and offer possible support. I can say that I am extremely pleased with my outcome and applaud Universal and Janice for their professional support and kindness.

What a fantastic outcome!!
It certainly restores faith in human nature.
And wouldn't it be brilliant, if these companies would contribute to our site and discuss so much that we would like to share with them.

Here is what I heard from Janice, cut from the email;

Regarding other issues with faulty product, I’m afraid there isn’t what we may call a central “complaints” department or procedure as it all depends on the record label for each release. Initially I was working, with a team, on the Abbey Road blu-ray issue (as it is a very recent release) and we announced our contact details on the Steve Hoffmann forum. However, we did receive, as you know 😊, messages regarding other artists. In each case I replied separately and was able to help, luckily! I would hope that, if there were any future problems, a similar team would also be set up to deal with each one so I think those music forums would be the best place to start.

Let's hope a future contact will be at least as helpful as Janice has been so far.
There has been much negative comments on our forum about the large corporations/suppliers; and just something as simple as a S.P.O.C. (single point of contact) person that would regularly monitor a thread here to respond to product complaints might go a long way to alleviate some of the vitriol that is slung. Or at the very least, provide us with solid contact information that could be centrally located here. Sometimes it takes a considerable amount of searching just to figure out how to contact the correct department for customer service complaints. Don't know if that is something our kind hosts here would endorse, just a thought.

I am absolutely certain the QQ powers that be would welcome such contact with open arms, er, threads in the industry forums. I can say that this experience has been most rewarding for me, even if it took some hunting and a few wrong turns or dead ends. I too wish companies would happily open a "concerns" department that is easily found. I won't call it complaints because I would hope things won' t need to go that far. In the dirgital age defective product should almost be a thing of the past. I do not mind waiting for a response as long as I am treated politely. This is better than no answer or a gruff " sorry, too bad, so sad".

Just a quick update, I received a replacement disc from Amazon.com. I can confirm the US site is selling the standalone disc as the gold label and the one I received did in fact play flawlessly. There was no difference in packaging from my early non-gold label copy. No sticker saying made elsewhere. Only differences I can see are label colour and download code.

I hadn't played my disk in a long while and just tried and no go, exactly as what was reported here. You sure can't tell by physically looking at disk.
Ok will reread this thread and see if can get a replacement or if anyone can pm me please do. This sucks.......

I forgot to add mine is also the 'Silver" cover on the bluray itself.
From best I can tell rereading this is a no win situation as there doesn't appear to be a proper contact for these kind of issues unless I misread.
I tried amazon chat, that was a waste of time.

I can tell you peterzach that there is no single contact for Universal as they are a conglomerate of labels. Each label seems to deal with their own problems, as do some individual artists as well. I posted a mailing address earlier in the thread for Universal Canada, but I am sure that a well written letter by snail mail should get some response. I do not get why big companes are refusing to offer a support person who can put us in touch with the right department. I did get some satisfaction but that was a one off. If you follow the link I gave above, at least you can buy another copy and be sure it is the Gold label one that seems to not have issues. I hate that some product fails after the warranty runs out. That said, there are good people in these companies too and they do what they are allowed to in order to help us. Sorry I can not be of more help.

Back