Building A Multichannel Sound Chair

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I must admit I'm throughly confused by this whole Realiser thing. Read about it and saw the videos and I can't wrap my mind around how it works and how it can possibly sound half as good as it's said to be. I hope I'll be able to test it somewhere, I can't see myself spending this kind of money otherwise.

Interesting idea for those with small listening spaces. An alternative could be 5 or so small bookshelf speakers on slim stands. You could store them flat against a wall when not in use and bring them out, positioning them wherever you want around your chair when you want a listen. I used to have KEF egg surrounds on purpose-built stands with a pretty small footprint that would have achieved this purpose. Then you've still got your player/receiver to place somewhere though.

169.jpg

Duct tape is the answer just ask Hofy

Cool review. This technology sounds exciting, although I note that you also are not a fan of wearing headphones.

Now what if the above technology were applied to a surround chair that used two high quality speakers that were close to but off the ears? Should that not be just as possible as using headphones as the delivery mechanism?

Cool review. This technology sounds exciting, although I note that you also are not a fan of wearing headphones.

Now what if the above technology were applied to a surround chair that used two high quality speakers that were close to but off the ears? Should that not be just as possible as using headphones as the delivery mechanism?
Possibly.

That's exactly what I was going to suggest. I researched these last year thinking that it would be easy to mount small high quality mini monitors up on the front that could swing away or in place once seated, and replace the cheap factory speakers with full range Sq car drivers ( Focal, Morel) that come with the chair. A tactical sound bass transducer could be mounted on the lower rear part of the chair.
Or you could place a pair of high quality mini monitors on small stands right next to the front left and right edges firing into the egg. Darn you guys, now this sounds even better for me living in a condo.

Check out how cheap they are now. Making it 4 channel would be easy.
https://www.alibaba.com/showroom/stereo-egg-chair.html

Last edited:
Absolutely could be done, In fact it was. back in the early days of DVD-A the Demo Kiosks at Circuit City and Best Buy were exactly what you are proposing. I tried to find a picture of one but could not. you would walk up to one of these and kind of step inside the area and it had a screen in front of you with a little sub and center speaker below and off to the side attached to some posts were some small L and R speakers, and then a post went over your head with like a T bar attaching two surround speakers just behind you and to the side about 2'. it was made for 1 or 2 peeps to stand in the area at a time. I think it was all those little Bose speakers. It sounded pretty damn good and in fact it got me hooked on surround again, It had 6 or 8 discs preloaded, and it was so cool I had to listen to every one. I will never forget because I discovered it shopping with my old lady and she got so pissed off she left me there and came back a couple of hours later.

This is real similar to the setup I heard at the 2013 CES Show but with larger speakers. The speakers used on the chair I heard had Audio Engine models.
Photo 17 - The Hi Fi Company Chair with Fritz Heiler.jpg

Back