Buy 2, get 1 free dts disc promotion right now @ dtsonline.com

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yep, too bad about the stuff on the last page. might be able to fill in a few holes. thanks for the heads up.

Man... and I only recently acquired The Polyphonic Spree, The Crystal Method, and Studio Voodoo. Oh, well! :)

Not really much left on there that really sticks out as 'must have'. No doubt there are some very good ones there, but I already own those. Still... that could be a good price. How's that second Studio Voodoo DTS CD? Maybe the Don Henley, but I don't even listen to his greatest hits CD much. The Brian Wilson could be interesting, but I hear it sounds like a 1980s record, which doesn't make me jump for joy. Or I remember playing "Somewhere" from West Side Story for a field competition in band many many oodles of years ago. I liked that particular song (as it brings back fond memories), but haven't a clue on the rest of the material. I see Frank Filipetti mixed it, but I don't know how "cool" I'd feel about buying music from a broadway show---even if it was updated with jazz, latin, and Afro-Cuban rhythms. Hmmm.... How's the surround mix on the Megadeth DVD-A?

Any recommendations as to which would be considered best in class for "MC mix" and "resolution"?

I am definitely going to get the Crystal Method disk. Also, I might give the BT Binary Universe a whirl, but would love this forums opinions.

Thanks

Any recommendations as to which would be considered best in class for "MC mix" and "resolution"?

I am definitely going to get the Crystal Method disk. Also, I might give the BT Binary Universe a whirl, but would love this forums opinions.

Thanks
Probably a forum consensus that the two Porcupine Tree releases are must haves.

Thanks

I think The Polyphonic Spree would be pretty good at that price. (Check out my review by clicking the 'surround reviews' link next to my signature. Then click to the last page. It's strange, but I love it.)

I think Zappa's Quadiophilliac DVD-A is essential and has kick-butt MC and sound (though, I don't know the resolution off hand.) Some tracks aren't exactly songs, but I like it. I think the QQ reviews show this one to be hit or miss, though. However, I recoommend it.

Sting's "Brand New Day" is quite good, though, it probably doesn't make too much sense to settle for the DTS CD when it was also released in both SACD and DVD-Audio.

You might want to check out the Medeski, Martin, and Wood "Uninvisible" DVD-A. I wasn't all that impressed with either the MC mix or the SQ, but it seems a lot of folks like it well enough. And, I guess, it's OK.

And I'll second the Porcupine Tree stuff, too.

I took advantage of the sale and now I feel like I have been taken adavantage of. I ordered on 1/12 and the titles still have not shipped let alone arrived.

I remember I had this problem when I ordered PT's first DVD-A.

Nice deal, I just picked up several titles myself (13!). I am taking a plunge on the Porcupine Tree discs as I'd never heard of them until I started visiting this forum! It sounds like I'm missing out. The samples on Amazon.com of both albums sound very promising.

Did those of you who placed your orders actually have success receiving them? Any luck splinter7? I'm assuming so since it's been since January!

Offer ends 5/31, by the way.

Best,
Josh

I received mine right away (thanks for the tip, all!) Think they were the Zappa "Halloween" DVD-A (it is DVD-A and not DTS-CD), Bonnie Raitt's "Road Tested" DTS-CD, and the Police "Every Breath You Take" DTS-CD. One of the cases was broken upon delivery, but what the heck. Am still waiting to pop in the Zappa disc, but the other two are quite good. (The Police album is available in hi-res too, just not included in this sale.)

My fiance also likes Graham Nash's "Songs for Survivors" (DVD-A), which is included.

Mark Z

Back