Calling JRiver Experts please

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wrat

I asked this question at the official support forums a while back and got ZERO answers so......
when playing certain bluray rips/iso's like the doobie brothers quadio set and marvin gaye whats going on
IF I click on the gear icon to check audio path input says its 16 bit NOT 24 bit . Any clue as to why?
I have confirmed that the files are indeed 24bit, this does NOT happen with any sacd iso's or rips (not yet anyway)

I don't have a gear icon that I can see but I can pick Player>Audio Path, screen shot: As you can see on mine The Quadio Doobies BD-A shows as 24/192. If I also click Audio Path it shows same. How are your DSP and output settings?
Screenshot (71).png

Im using a different skin but you can see gear icon, bit depth set to auto , output set to output encoding none, no upmix or downmix

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-04-22 113840.png
    Screenshot 2021-04-22 113840.png
    319.3 KB · Views: 100
output settings

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-04-22 114432.png
    Screenshot 2021-04-22 114432.png
    562.8 KB · Views: 105
Im playing from an iso or a bluray folder, just ripped 1 doobies disc to flac with dvdae to see if that matters

well damn playing from bluray folder messes up jriver, ripped to flac it works as it should hmmm also had to change from 7.1 to 5.1 , need to check an atmos disc now , thats bizarre

Good, your chipping away.
I rip all my Blu Rays using MAKE MKV for the rip, and then for tagging, chapters, etc I use Music Media Helper.
For DVD's I use as you did DVDAE.
Also in JRiver I have 3 playback zones, mostly because I am nutty, but definately need to create an ATMOS zone, different from either, in my case, a stereo zone and a MCH zone. My stereos will play back in my MCH zone but my MCH will not play back in my stereo zone.

I asked this question at the official support forums a while back and got ZERO answers so......
when playing certain bluray rips/iso's like the doobie brothers quadio set and marvin gaye whats going on
IF I click on the gear icon to check audio path input says its 16 bit NOT 24 bit . Any clue as to why?
I have confirmed that the files are indeed 24bit, this does NOT happen with any sacd iso's or rips (not yet anyway)

I made a backup of the Quadio disc with the whole folder structure using MakeMKV, and It shows 192 / 24 in JRiver.
I didn't have to do anything in JRiver and the output channels setting doesn't matter, so I don't know why yours shows 16 bit.

JRiver_Doobies_Playback.jpg

Note: It shows "6 channels" in the screenshot above, but the input is actually DTS-HD 4.0. Looks like JRiver just interprets and processes it as 6 channels by default. And the center and LFE channels ( 3 and 4) are empty as shown in the screenshot of my audio interface.

JRiver_Doobies_Playback2.jpg

I made a backup of the Quadio disc with the whole folder structure using MakeMKV, and It shows 192 / 24 in JRiver.
I didn't have to do anything in JRiver and the output channels setting doesn't matter, so I don't know why yours shows 16 bit.

View attachment 66400

Note: It shows "6 channels" in the screenshot above, but the input is actually DTS-HD 4.0. Looks like JRiver just interprets and processes it as 6 channels by default. And the center and LFE channels ( 3 and 4) are empty as shown in the screenshot of my audio interface.

View attachment 66401

yours is also reporting 32 bit using asio... mines 16 using wasapi BUT only from folder playback

How did you make the disc backup ?
My BDMV backup folder of the Stampede disc shows 8.6GB vs your 11.4GB.
Also my Input shows "dts-hd ma" vs your "dts", and 6ch vs 8ch.

JRiver_Stampede.jpg

As I mentioned, I used MakeMKV backup:

MakeMKV_Backup.jpg

This is the folder that contains the single M2TS file:

Stampede_BDMV_STREAM.jpg

When you right click on the display window, what does it show under "Streams" ?

JRiver_Stample_Streams.jpg

And can you select the DTS-HD Stereo track ?

Stampede_Stereo.jpg

Attachments

• Stampede_BDMV_STREAM.jpg
    Stampede_BDMV_STREAM.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
its reading the whole folder which contains the separated flac files
I noticed the dts vs the dts hd as well thats strange
Screenshot 2021-04-24 082605.png

used dvd fab to back up

It does the same thing
from the M2ts file its something with dts/jriver