Camel – Air Born: The MCA & Decca Years 1973-1984 (box set with 5 albums in 5.1 on blu-ray)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
January the 5th is a Friday (release day), May the 1st is a Wednesday (not normally a release day) so it looks right, could be a xmas or new year present to ourselves

My JPC order was also updated to reflect the same: Release date: 01.05.2024. It will be interesting to see if this holds or is just another placeholder. It seems kind of weird that the dates are so out of whack on this one. Hope it's not a vaporware release :cautious:.

This sounds like a very plausible reason to why this thing is delayed.

Found here:

https://www.progressiveears.org/for...sive-Camel-box-set-is-about-to-come-out/page5
post 103 by user named Rajaz

"I'm not going to mention my source but he says: "I have to wonder if maybe there's some issue between Universal and Camel Productions. I can imagine a situation where Universal might have thought they had the rights to all this stuff, but Camel Productions could have said, "No you don't!" If that's the case, it could be that Camel has leverage to bring them to the negotiating table."

So we'll see how that theory pans out or things are resolved by other means, if true I sense a Susan Hoover influence in all of this. Only time will tell."

Considering how complex the design and manufacture is for such a massive box set, especially with several new surround mixes, it's hard to believe Universal would have gone so far down that expensive path without securing the basic rights to the material - but no one has ever accused big record companies of being run by rocket scientists :rolleyes:. If true we can only hope some kind of deal will be made - real bummer if this gets canceled.

I know Andy Latimer wasn't told (via a friend who was working for Camel) when, where, or even what was on a lot of the previous reissues as the band have no say in that (he didn't know that the record company had added extra tracks to the reissues, and he said he would have preferred them on an separate disc), from the Prog Mag article a while back he was keen to get some of the albums mixed into surround, so I doubt its related directly to the band.

Back