Can Dynaquad be decoded in Adobe Audition?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I came across a copy of Dynaco's "4 Dimensional Sound Demonstration" record (D-400). This record has an announcer saying things like "I am now in the back speaker" or "I'm now in the right speakers." Now, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe that wiring speakers for Dynaquad will remove anything from the front speakers. It just moves a duplicate of the out-of-phase info to the rear speaker(s). I'm still using Audition 1.5, so I can't try Lucanu's script, but as a test, I used the AA 1.5 QS decoding script on this record, and I was amazed. When the announcer says that he is in the back speaker, nothing comes out of the front! When he says he's on the right, sound only comes equally from the Front Right and Front Rear speaker! Would Dynaco-style speaker wiring give the same effect? If so, how does it remove sound from the front speakers and still keep the stereo image?

Anyway, I'm convinced now that QS decoding of Dynaquad albums can work very well.

J. D.

I just tried the script in AA 3.01, and it ran for about 20 seconds on a 3 minute WAV file. Nothing was output. I did have the front.wav and rear.wav files in the correct directory. Something created a front.pk and rear.pk file. The only indication in AA, was 'Script Stopped' Any help is greatly appreciated!
Thanks

@Lucanu, it appears your AA2 Dynaquad script won't work with AA 3.0.1. Can you possibly update it? Perhaps an alternative would be to use PhaseBug for the two final steps. If it's more convenient for you, can you provide the relevant instruction or explain how the change can be effected? Thanks in advance.

Back