Can I play these particular audio-only Atmos files?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not aware of FLAC being capable of carrying metadata at all. If it could, wouldn't it be capable of carrying Atmos metadata as well? But it cant.
There are different types of metadata that different file formats can carry. FLAC, as noted, can carry quite a bit of song info, but it’s slightly different than, for example, MP3. Rightxclick on a file and selct “properties” then the details tab to read some of the stuff you have manual access to.

I have no idea if FLAC can carry OE metadata, but I doubt it. Anxious too learn, though.

I'd love to be able to verify it works, but $3000 for a Auro-capable AVR like the Yamaha Aventage RX-8A8 or Marantz SR-7015 is a bit out of my price range at the moment. The folks at both Auro and 2L seem quite confident that FLAC can delivery up to 11.2 channels of Auro-3D.
FLAC can carry AURO 3D just fine. I have about a dozen on my hard-drive that decode just perfectly on my Marantz 7703. I do know my files are being delivered bit-perfect to my AVP, no sure if that's a requirement or not.
The Mando Diao - Aelita mix is just incredible!
Files ripped from BluRay's using MakeMKV to decode, then ripped to FLAC with DVDAE

Last edited:
The PC plugin just came out, so I should update the title. But, both are still $20 per month just for the plugin.

Looks like it's now free. Or am I reading it wrong? Maybe it's part of their bankruptcy/restructuring plan.
To allow all users to maximally enjoy the creation of immersive sound content with the AURO-3D Creative Tool Suite, an all new licensing scheme is introduced.

All functionality to create and monitor an immersive mix in the AURO-3D formats for any target application is now available for FREE!

Just create your account and download the installer. Even the Auro-Matic Pro 2D upmixer (form stereo to surround) is included for free. You will be able to create and monitor your mix without restrictions and even export uncompressed versions of your mix and stems.

https://buy.auro-3d.com/

Back