Can you call this Quadraphonic : Pink Floyd

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kvadro

400 Club - QQ All-Star
Since 2002/2003
Well if you listen to some Floyd STEREO CDs (and I suppose some vinyls, but it's more noticeable on CDs) that have been recorded on a STEREO recorder around more or less the middle of the crowd, AND THAT YOU HEAR AND FEEL THE QUAD SURROUND SOUND GOING AROUND YOUR 4 SPEAKERS when the show is played in Quadraphonic Sound, can you call this QUAD ????
What system can you call it ???? .... ....

:alienrob: :alienrob: :alienrob: :alienrob:

Last edited:
More luck and phasing of certain instruments than anything truly quad; what speaker / amplification / surround mode if any is engaged?

timbre4 said:
More luck and phasing of certain instruments than anything truly quad; what speaker / amplification / surround mode if any is engaged?
This I can't know. All I know is that some of those CDs sound so good with this kind of quad feeling surrounding you. Some even much better "quad" than some ordinary quad releases.

neil wilkes said:
Why can't you know what you were playing the disc back on?
Can you be more specific on this, many ways of understanding your question.

Sorry - to be more precise, I think that Timbre4 was asking you what you are playing this back on?
What Amp? What Speakers? What surround mode you have switched on on your amplifier? That sort of thing.

If you are listening to Pulse, The Wall:Live, or Waters' Amused to Death, these were encoded with Q Sound which plays well through quad providing some surround imaging.

neil wilkes said:
Sorry - to be more precise, I think that Timbre4 was asking you what you are playing this back on?
What Amp? What Speakers? What surround mode you have switched on on your amplifier? That sort of thing.
MANY THANKS to let me know. The answer is Technics SA 6000X receiver, JBL XPL 140 speakers, QS mode or SQ

axnyslie said:
If you are listening to Pulse, The Wall:Live, or Waters' Amused to Death, these were encoded with Q Sound which plays well through quad providing some surround imaging.
This remind me of the Floyd Final Cut recorded in holophonic, listen to the plane...

holophonic... I think that was also used on Radio KAOS. I had thought it was Q sound, but as was pointed out in another thread KAOS predates Q sound. I remember always thinking there was a dog barking in the neighbor's yard during some part of KAOS.

The dog barking in the neighbors yard is on Roger's album "Amused to Death"
Ryan

Nova74 said:
The dog barking in the neighbors yard is on Roger's album "Amused to Death"
Ryan

There is a dog on K.A.O.S. right before "Sunset Strip"

Spence

Back