Canadian progrock band Mystery announce new Live DVD including a 5.1 surround mix

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Michel St-Pere, leader of progrock band Mystery, announced on Facebook he just finished the mix of a Mystery 2018 concert.
The release will include a 5.1 mix as well.
Personally I'm very exited about this announcement, because I think the music of Mystery is very suited for surround, so let's hope for a nice discrete mix.
For those who don't know Mystery here's the link to the bands web-site.
https://www.therealmystery.com/

Mystery is well known for a Neo-Prog band that stared with a couple of albums in the AOR style with slight prog tendencies. Since the album Beneath the Veil... they have become a more progressive band and they have released more good music since then (4). You can check their bio here :
Mystery

I love this band, went to see them live when they where in the UK in April 2018. As cbmmm says check out The World is a Game and Delusion Rain, Delusion Rain was the first I heard of Mystery and I loved it.

Last edited:
After some delay, the DVD is out but unfortunately, some blu-ray players can't read it. Remember the issue with the Big Big Train Stone and Steel DVD. I have watched the 3 hours of material yesterday and this was a really good show. The surround mix is ambiance with some discrete elements at times.

still waiting for my copy. shipped three weeks ago. Im sure this will take a long time to get here as two befuddled Postal systems have to process this shipment

Last edited:
Back