Capitol Records DVD-A Releases

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frank

Check for DVD Audio release from Capitol records:

hollywoodandvine.com/dvd/

"Coming soon on DVD Audio:
Beach Boys - Pet Sounds, Beach Boys - Surf's Up, The Band - Music From Big Pink, Bonnie Raitt - Nick Of Time, and more... "

Frank

It's a start, we have to wait what the 'and more...' will bring.

They also still list Eric Johnson's 'Ah via Musicom'.
So the site seems not that 'up to date' but they list the upcoming beach boys title's which are only recently added to the various upcoming lists.

Frank

I have started seeing the Eric Johnson release at different locations all of a sudden. I thought this release was pulled back and the project killed.

Unfortunately that is no longer the case, in Eric’s own words – “Capitol Records has pulled the plug on releasing the DVD.”

“I personally put a stop to the release of the inferior product that they did put out. They received return shipments on the 3,000 that they sent out. Believing that there was nothing wrong with them, Capitol took this to mean that people did not want to buy the DVD anyway, and have decided not to reissue it.

“This is a drag and I am sorry. It is now out of my control, but hopefully some day they will reconsider. And now, onward into the excitement of the future!”

The bottom line is, therefore, if you want to own a DVD-Audio (surround) version of ‘Ah Via Musicom’ regardless of its flaws, rush out and purchase one of the few remaining copies in stores or hang on to the one you already have, it might turn out to be an Eric Johnson collectors’ item.

The bottom line is, therefore, if you want to own a DVD-Audio (surround) version of ‘Ah Via Musicom’ regardless of its flaws, rush out and purchase one of the few remaining copies in stores or hang on to the one you already have, it might turn out to be an Eric Johnson collectors’ item.

And it did!

(What ever happened to Rob?)

Back