Car Sherwood dts system experience needed

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winopener

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
A couple of issues related to the DTS sherwood car setup that maybe some of you already encountered:

1) mounting angle of the cd player: does it affects a lot on playback of dts cd? some dts cd exibits problems, especially on bumps, while ordinary cd not - both discs are done on the same kind o blanks. The present mounting has a strong angle (+- 30 degrees), so i suspect that there are too much reading error that the dts decoder can't handle the stream properly.

2) any way to set the tuner sensitivity, other than buying and mounting a antenna booster?

Other than these small issues, i may say that now my brother is totally sold on multichannel, DTS and Quadraphonic. No way back. :cool:))

I don't the error correction with the DTS coding scheme is as robust as with PCM "red book" audio. There is a lot of error correction with the red book CD system, and I don't know how much of it is used with the DTS system. Maybe someone more knowledgeable about DTS could comment on that. Anyone?

The Quadfather

The error correction for regular CD is in two forms. The first replaces lost data with reconstructed real data. This also works for a DTS stream. The second level approximates lost data that cannot be recovered from checksums, kind of interpolating data. This is garbage to a DTS decoder. So, yes DTS is more sensitive because the data is trashed when there are larger dropouts of data.

Back