Cararvan For Girls Who Grow Plump..... quad RTR

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quadanasaziland

500 Club - QQ All-Star
Since 2002/2003
Does any one have this tape? I am a fan I would love to have a dub of this!!!! Never seen it on ebay, never heard anyone even talk about it.

Dave

FYI - The old Schwann catalogs also showed a Q8 version for this Caravan title, that might show up sooner than a reel...

timbre4

Thanx Tim!!
I have the lp, there is a song on it called Hoedown that is some thing else! They are some thing similar to Camel.

I need to get into their stuff, I know of some of the players (Sinclair) that show up in later bands like National Health. Which is the best to start with and what's their peak overall?

timbre4

Tim their first lp came out in 1968 but for me I like their stuff from the seventies, like many bands at that time they refined their sound. CD NOW is a great place to become familiar with bands you have heard are good but maybe never really got a chance to get into. You can download MP3's of individual songs for $1.49 ea and they have imports of all the 70's stuff.
Download Hoedown, you'll like it!

Dave

Caravan is one of those tapes no one has found, at least no one i have heard about in all these years. Kinda like Canned Heat. It does exist as a mix. I was at a studio in London called Metropolis with a couple DTS guys. Studio is amazing, an old electric generating station. The studio wanted an encoder in the worst way, as every studio is vying for supremecy. They were trying to outdo Abbey Road and Air London and others as everyone was building 5.1 rooms. DTS was not giving any encoders out, everything was sent to DTS for encoding for years. Biggest mistake they made, ya know the razor-blade scenerio was just lost, as they could not figure out how to make anything off this yet. Finally they seem to have given up the idea of becoming a software provider and are now seemingly just a licensing enity. They get 10 bucks from a Millennium sold. Digressing, we got into a discussion on some of this material, and low and behold, they guys were around then working for someone, and had heard the mixes all those years ago. They were stored there! We discussed some way to get them out but never did get it done. Too bad some good music. I will give you guys all a hint, check out anything recorded live in London during that era. Many BBC recordings were done in quad for their lives shows, A few were released, and many some booted also. I will start a CD tree in a couple weeks for one of these and post it under swap meet!
Tad

I guess they are doing the same with the 24/96 format , don't or didn't they learn from their earlier mistake? Did you or are you working for d.t.s. ? I thought I had read you did , or something to that effect!
Rob

Back