Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2:

• 1: Poor Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters

sjcorne

Staff member
Please post your thoughts and comments on this 1997 release from Go-Go's singer Belinda Carlisle.
The DTS-CD contains a 5.1 surround mix of the album by David Tickle.

(y):)(n)
Belinda Front.jpeg

Belinda Disc.jpeg

par4ken

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I responded to this thread already but for some unknown reason my post was deleted, so here I go again!

Upon seeing this post I did a fast search of Discogs and found one copy for sale, upon checking eBay there were a couple more for sale. I snapped up a sealed copy off eBay.

I always liked the Go-Go's but was never a big fan of Belinda's solo work. I don't offhand recognise any of the tracks on this disc, which doesn't necessarily mean that I have never heard any of them. I will be going into this one rather blind, but I will be sure to give my unbiased verdict once I've given it a listen!

Miilda

It doesn't play badly, the sound is clear. The multichannel does not push the saw, it is decent, but you can tell that it is mixed discreetly.

quicksrt

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
I have this and need to really listen to it. And offer up a vote. Only one vote thus far. How sad.

The Bright Side

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Yeah this deserves more votes. Gonna give this a 9. Really, the only thing not making this a 10 is that it's "just" a sweet pop album, not some historic milestone. And it's DTS, not hi-res, I guess. Personally, I can rarely tell the difference.

This sounds fantastic, the music is great from start to finish, and the mix is active and adventurous. A keeper.