DVD/DTS Poll Carlisle, Belinda - A WOMAN & A MAN [DTS CD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DTS-CD of Belinda Carlisle - A WOMAN & A MAN

• 10: Great Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6:

• 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters

sjcorne

Staff member
Please post your thoughts and comments on this 1997 release from Go-Go's singer Belinda Carlisle.
The DTS-CD contains a 5.1 surround mix of the album by David Tickle.

(y):)(n)
Belinda Front.jpeg

Belinda Disc.jpeg

It doesn't play badly, the sound is clear. The multichannel does not push the saw, it is decent, but you can tell that it is mixed discreetly.

I have this and need to really listen to it. And offer up a vote. Only one vote thus far. How sad.

Yeah this deserves more votes. Gonna give this a 9. Really, the only thing not making this a 10 is that it's "just" a sweet pop album, not some historic milestone. And it's DTS, not hi-res, I guess. Personally, I can rarely tell the difference.

This sounds fantastic, the music is great from start to finish, and the mix is active and adventurous. A keeper.

I've only just bought this!!
Good price off Discogs.

What took me soooo long ?
This is pleasantly surprising, in the musical content and mix.

DTS is the chosen media to highlight the surround aspect. Quite honestly I can never tell the difference between that and hi-rez.

This has a deserving score of 9 (nearly 10)

I'm really enjoying it!!

https://www.discogs.com/release/5186766-Belinda-Carlisle-A-Woman-A-Man

Last edited:
I have to take issue with one of the moderators here, my original post was deleted and my second post was severely edited. Thank you beerking for adding the link. This release has long been out of print and so I think that is very important to point out where you can obtain a copy!

So here I go once again, repeating myself! I saw this poll and then looked for a copy. There were a couple on eBay, and Discogs so I ordered a copy. Now (the disclaimer) I'm not really a fan of Belinda Carlisle's solo work but did quite like the Go-Go's!

Belinda has several "hits" that have been played to death on the radio. "Mad About You" immediately comes to mind. Thankfully none of those tracks are on this release. I don't recall ever hearing any of this album from radio airplay. So I rather like this release, content and mix wise. DTS (CD) was my favourite format for awhile, new releases dried up after the death of Brad Miller. Blu-ray or SACD most likely would produce even better sound quality but this one sounds just fine to me. The DR meter in Foobar gives a value of DR12, so there is no unwanted brickwalling!

I was somehow surprising to see "The Ballad Of Lucy Jordan" on this release. I love the version by Marianne Faithfull which is a bit more ballsy, but this version will do in a pinch. So I'm giving it an eight.

Last edited:
Back