Carpenters Horizon Q8 Unopened

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xdevo1973

Hi Everyone,

I just obtained the wonderful Horizon Q8 in original sealed packaging. Should I open it up and enjoy it or should I leave it sealed? Would I be ruining the high value?

Regards,

Darren.

Depends, I guess. If you truly bought it with the idea of making a profit and a later date, probably leave it alone. Or, consdering it's age, maybe you should open it and see what actual condition the tape is in. Then play it and enjoy it. You could still sell it in 10 years and probably make a decent profit.

Well, I ended up opening it. The tape was wound too tight, the foam pressure pads were disintegrated, and the foil tape came off. I fixed all that and it sounds superb 🙂 Karen’s voice in quad is worth way more than a few bucks earned from flipping a tape.

Well, I ended up opening it. The tape was wound too tight, the foam pressure pads were disintegrated, and the foil tape came off. I fixed all that and it sounds superb 🙂 Karen’s voice in quad is worth way more than a few bucks earned from flipping a tape.
Maybe there will be a Carpenters Quadio Box Set released in the future . . . our poll index shows 6 LPs and Tapes–i'd love to hear those!

Back