Carpenters Now & Then Quad - Audio "Spikes"

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Malcolm2010

300 Club - QQ All-Star
Since 2002/2003
Thanks to Jon reminding me, I found a copy of this in a dump of old quad material I had. Can someone confirm that the frequency response is flat, my version has large tones at about 15760 Hz and the second and third harmonics thereof. I note that this is very close to the NTSC tv line frequency of 15750 Hz and may be interference during the recording from a monitor or TV. I have attached a frequency plot for review.

This affects all tracks and is NOT local interference, it is on the source files.

Last edited:
After a couple of hours work I have removed the offending noise and all seems well. If someone can confirm this is an issue (or not) with their copy I would appreciate it.

Attachments

• Carpenters Now & Then issues Fixed.PNG
    Carpenters Now & Then issues Fixed.PNG
    50.8 KB · Views: 171
Malcolm,

I will check my files out when I get back to my PC today. What program are you using for the spectrum view?

Malcolm,

My raw as-ripped files have this as well. I never noticed it before. Here's a look at the front channels via MusicScope:

My original ripped files were done in July 2004. Nick Perugini loaned me the reel way back then. It was in great shape. Took balls to mail it out to me. You never know with the US Post Office! :eek:

My original ripped files were done in July 2004. Nick Perugini loaned me the reel way back then. It was in great shape. Took balls to mail it out to me. You never know with the US Post Office! :eek:

Wow, that was taking a chance, anything could have happened, what happened to PM's on this new forum, has it been replaced by "conversations" ?

Wow, that was taking a chance, anything could have happened, what happened to PM's on this new forum, has it been replaced by "conversations" ?

Yes. It's just a new term. The only difference is that you can add more people to the PM if you choose.

After a couple of hours work I have removed the offending noise and all seems well. If someone can confirm this is an issue (or not) with their copy I would appreciate it.
Malcolm,

I will check my files out when I get back to my PC today. What program are you using for the spectrum view?

Almost looks like a Voxengo Span, but more refined.

Back