Carpenters: Now & Then - The Quad Reel

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is one of my favourite Carpenters albums. I really love it!. But it is new to my that a japanese quad reel excists. Do we have a list of all japanese quad reels that have been released?

I started this thread a while back about the King Records quad reels but it hasn't seen any action lately. I think the only hope for finding more information is if we ever got some members here who were Japanese or lived in Japan, or if someone managed to find a mid-70's King Records catalog. As I said in the thread I linked to, I suspect there are at least 15-20 of these Japanese quad reels and we've only identified less than half of them so there are still a lot of discoveries to be made.

carp1.jpg

so I musta DL'ed this DTS 96/24 quad DVD disc at least 10 to 15 years ago and from the picture on the disc menu I assume the source used the Japanese quad tape that you mentioned because it looks identical and also sounds crazy fantastic.

it looks from all the album cover pictures on discogs that the picture you posted is exclusive to the Japanese version and why else would the source of the DTS DL'ed disc use that particular album cover if they didn't use the Japanese version?

https://www.discogs.com/release/8729249-Carpenters-Now-Then
It looks like the source even used the tape measure (on the left) in the menu to really make the point that it was indeed the 7 ½ ips tape

BBF551BE-2823-4BD7-AB2E-CF1EF3C77C01.jpeg

holy shit, is this Japanese (yes actually Japanese voices) quad sound check actually on the original tape??

848AB021-86D4-4DFF-8FE2-65E3E3E0A9C4.jpeg

Last edited:
Back