HiRez Poll Carpenters - SINGLES 1969-1981 [SACD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the SACD of Carpenters - SINGLES 1969-1981

• Total voters
definitely one of my most treasured SACD's. of course it should be since i paid 70$ for it! 😎. but it's been worth it. i just discovered that it existed about a year ago and had to get a copy. having been born in '61, their music is part of the soundtrack of my growing up. so this disc is very nostalgic and even sentimental for me (even though i've always leaned more to rock than pop). her voice is amazing of course. it has an irresistible achy quality to it. and Richard's arrangements just worked perfectly for them. it's so great to have pretty much all of their hits on one disc and what's amazing is the quality of sound on every track. you would think every song on the disc was recorded at the same time. there are so many favorites but i think This Masquerade is my favorite to listen to...probably because the surround works so well on that tune. if i had one wish, it would be that B'wana She No home was on it. even without it, it's a certified 10.

I had heard that Richard wanted to feature her more as a singer, than a drummer. She was reluctant at first to come out from behind the drum kit, but she was captivating when she did.
When I saw them live in ‘72, she was behind the drum kit.

Lucky you to have heard her voice live

I saw Richard Carpenter some years ago when he performed for the opening of the Carpenter Performing Arts Center at California State University in Long Beach. He played piano and spoke. He and his sister both attended that college.

Lucky you to have heard her voice live

I saw Richard Carpenter some years ago when he performed for the opening of the Carpenter Performing Arts Center at California State University in Long Beach. He played piano and spoke. He and his sister both attended that college.
A live performance from those early college days.

Back