HiRez Poll Cash, Johnny - SILVER [SACD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the SACD of Johnny Cash - SILVER

• 10: Great Fidelity, Great Surround Mix, Great Content

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Fidelity, Poor Surround Mix, Poor Content

• Total voters

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Please post your thoughts and comments on this SACD from SONY. (y) :phones (n)

Not the best surround mix that I've ever known. So little happening in the rear speakers!

Tonally quite pleasant though.

I got this one when it came out, gave it a couple of listens and sold it, so i won't vote, but i remember the surround mix wasn't all that great, and the music was nothing special to me either. I thought i could live my life without ever hearing it again.

I got this one when it came out, gave it a couple of listens and sold it, so i won't vote, but i remember the surround mix wasn't all that great, and the music was nothing special to me either. I thought i could live my life without ever hearing it again.

Ditto....except i did vote..

athough from memory I think there was a version of "ghost riders in the sky"
that was (with his voice) sort of appealing...but nothing much else to remember
on the disc.

I do enjoy me some Johnny Cash, but this album doesn't really work for me in terms of content or surround. This is the more "countrified" Johnny, and the songs just aren't that great (I tend to like the Rockabilly stuff and the Rick Rubin era). The surround mix is ambient only, nothing discrete, and the vocals are mixed into every channel (not a technique that I enjoy very often). The fidelity is great. Content=1/3, Surround=0/3, Fidelity=3/3, and 1 bonus point because I don't want to give Johnny a 4, so... 5:(

Back