CD-4 with Sansui XR-Q7 Turntable Possible ???-

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello,
my question to you:

Is it possible to use an original Sansui xr-q7 turntable (within an shibata cartridge) to hear/decode CD-4 records?
I use an Sansui QRX 9001 and want to know if itś possible.
Does anyone use an xr-q7?

Thanks for your answer

Stay healthy

Is that a quad era turntable? If so, does it have thick cables? If so, it's probably CD-4 compatible. All quality turntables made in the quad era were made to be CD-4 compatible, because to do so was not expensive, and it guaranteed sales to quaddies. I imagine they continued to do so into the early eighties, since there was a lot of quad gear still around. I would upgrade the cart to an Audio Technica AT440MLb.

Hi Bevergerner, your turntable appears to be from about 1983 according to Vinyl Engine. There seems to be no information on the cables and capacitance. I would try the CD4 capable cartridge and if it doesn't work well, then you will have to change the RCA cables on the table. I don't believe the arm wiring needs changing. KABUSA sells Technics branded RCA cables that I have found to work very well for CD4.

Back