CD Cases with Lift Lockers

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I like the outer sleeves, graphics aside, as they do protect the CD cases from scratches. And what I always liked about Audio Fidelity is their prices were pretty well discounted at Deep Discount/Import CD unlike MoFi and AP SACD titles. I used to pay average $21 and sometimes $18 per disc, DELIVERED!

ImportCD is NOW charging $37.95 + s/h + tax for MoFi SACDs which, BTW, list for $29.95. Imagine that?

I also liked those hard plastic sleeves on the old SONY and early Concord Record SACDs as well as the first batch of dualdiscs which I thought added a touch of class.

Lest we forget those original lift lock MoFi CD cases which were clever .... until they broke .....and back to inserting the discs in regular, plain vanilla CD cases.

Gotta hand it to Dutton Vocalion for their NO FRILLS packaging, superb liner notes and most of all their extraordinary BANG FOR THE BUCK. After all, it's what's INSIDE that COUNTS!

Last edited:
YES! Lift locks are so vexing now. Why oh why did they do that? When it works, though, I have to admit it was sort of cool. When it works.
Functional Lift Lock cases are getting rare and add to the collectabiliy value of the disc.

I love the lift lockers; you just have to be real gentle with them, they are a small precision latch!
*-Oh and to stay on topic, I could care less about those outer sleeves.

I must have led a sheltered life - I've thousands of CDs purchased over decades and I'd never even heard of a "Lift Locker" let alone seen one - I had to Google the term to find out what you've been talking about!

The Lift Lockers were seen as adding value to the Mobile Fidelity Gold CD reissues.
I've never had a strong opinion on them. :)

I suppose the main reason I’ve come to appreciate the lift lockers more in the last few years; is with all the different types of engineered holding mechanisms, many are just too incredibly tight on the disc. One recent poster on another thread mentioned he actually snapped a disc in two getting it out of its case (a Monster Miles Davis.) I do admit, with many of those tighter types, I’ve stressed over if I might break the disc. I never actually have broken one, but a point of stress non the less.

1579449850537.png

I have about 5 of these, and they all still work just fine. Owned all of them at least 25 years ore more.

Most of them are Jethro Tull

Last edited:
Back