Celebrate The Music Of Peter Green and The Early Years Of Fleetwood Mac (Super Deluxe)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just checked the last song.
No time lapse problems here.
Sorry folks....not quite sure what happened there yesterday...I wonder if it was a side affect of the second vaccination dose?... :)
I have played all three options, stereo, 5.1 and Atmos and today everything is fine.
Phew
I thought it was very strange to get through quality control.
Anyway panic over, I'll remember to revisit any concerns I have before posting...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The mix is certainly a live show one but it really is a brilliant concert and how fitting to celebrate the genius of Peter Green.

Thanks a lot to IMachine for checking it out.

Last edited:
Sorry folks....not quite sure what happened there yesterday...I wonder if it was a side affect of the second vaccination dose?... :)
I have played all three options, stereo, 5.1 and Atmos and today everything is fine.
Phew
Anyway panic over, I'll remember to revisit any concerns I have before posting...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The mix is certainly a live show one but it really is a brilliant concert and how fitting to celebrate the genius of Peter Green.

Whew Mikey come down off that vacc. high K!

I almost turned green and blew my Manalishi ride ☺

Whew Mikey come down off that vacc. high K!

I almost turned green and blew my Manalishi ride ☺
Tell me about it pups....it was like having an out of body experience yesterday.
Didn't get nothing like it after the first shot.
Today all is well, back to my sport loving , beer drinking and music 🎶 enjoying self!! ;) :D
Treated myself to a Perfect Draught machine to get beer from small kegs, the same taste as the pub offers. Or will, after May 17th, as that's when pubs can open again, fingers crossed.
Hope all is well, in your neck of the woods, pups.

Tell me about it pups....it was like having an out of body experience yesterday.
Didn't get nothing like it after the first shot.
Today all is well, back to my sport loving , beer drinking and music 🎶 enjoying self!! ;) :D
Treated myself to a Perfect Draught machine to get beer from small kegs, the same taste as the pub offers. Or will, after May 17th, as that's when pubs can open again, fingers crossed.
Hope all is well, in your neck of the woods, pups.
None of my 🍻 drinking friends want to sit in the cold & rain outside since they 'froze' 2 weeks ago 😬 .... whimps! So I'm not into being Billy No-Mates and sit at a table and drink on my tod, so I expect my next excursion to the hostelry will have to wait until post May 17th, and as I don't drink at home my liver will be jumping with joy! So instead I'm going to watch the Peter Green tribute concert BD tonight. :rocks

None of my 🍻 drinking friends want to sit in the cold & rain outside since they 'froze' 2 weeks ago 😬 .... whimps! So I'm not into being Billy No-Mates and sit at a table and drink on my tod, so I expect my next excursion to the hostelry will have to wait until post May 17th, and as I don't drink at home my liver will be jumping with joy! So instead I'm going to watch the Peter Green tribute concert BD tonight. :rocks
What they like eh Dunc!!
Although having said that, I wont be going to my local until after the 17th, as no beer garden.
I enjoy a drink with my main midday meal. Very rarely do I drink in the evenings at home.
Although I still brew my own home brew ales, this 'Perfect Draught' machine really is the best there is for a home poured beer.
Buy the small kegs, put them in the machine, let it chill them to 3 degrees and voila, a very quaffable beer.

I know you will enjoy the concert, got some nice surprises in it.

Last edited:
What they like eh Dunc!!
Although having said that, I wont be going to my local until after the 17th, as no beer garden.
I enjoy a drink with my main midday meal. Very rarely do I drink in the evenings at home.
Although I still brew my own home brew ales, this 'Perfect Draught' machine really is the best there is for a home poured beer.
Buy the small kegs, put them in the machine, let it chill them to 3 degrees and voila, a very quaffable beer.

I know you will enjoy the concert, got some nice surprises in it.

Wow just finished watching it, what a great gig, some great artists and performances, the highlight was Jeremy Spencer appearing.

I don't think I'd realised how tall Mick Fleetwood was, he dwarfed Jeremey Spenser and pretty much everybody else on stage.

As the surround is more audience/ambience I listened to it only via the TV (a Sony OLED) which uses the screen as the speakers, it does a pretty good job of spreading the decoded 5.1 sound stage around, sounds come from the sides, so it is very like being in a concert hall.

I feel the concert focus is more on the Elmore James Jeremy Spencer years of Fleetwood Mac than the more melodic music Green was producing later in his final year in Fleetwood Mac. The singer from Aerosmith destroyed the few songs he performed with his bombastic style. David Gilmore is the clear highlight

I feel the concert focus is more on the Elmore James Jeremy Spencer years of Fleetwood Mac than the more melodic music Green was producing later in his final year in Fleetwood Mac. The singer from Aerosmith destroyed the few songs he performed with his bombastic style. David Gilmore is the clear highlight
The included booklet is an interesting read. I think the concert was initially about the early Fleetwood Mac years, with particular reference to Peter Green, his songs, and those he chose as the band leader. As sadly he died a month after the concert, I think the release became more of a eulogy for him.

I wasn't that impressed with Steven Tyler either, way to OTT!

Phew

You’re not going mad... I also encountered sync issues towards the end, resolved by pausing and restarting the disc. Going straight to the affected songs direct from the menu showed no issues, so I’ve just put it down to my player. (This was the Dolby Atmos track, on a Panasonic player)

Fantastic concert, and a great sound mix other than no real surround activity. Despite having several guitarists on stage at once the mix never sounded cluttered and was really well balanced between top and bottom end.

You’re not going mad... I also encountered sync issues towards the end, resolved by pausing and restarting the disc. Going straight to the affected songs direct from the menu showed no issues, so I’ve just put it down to my player. (This was the Dolby Atmos track, on a Panasonic player)

Fantastic concert, and a great sound mix other than no real surround activity. Despite having several guitarists on stage at once the mix never sounded cluttered and was really well balanced between top and bottom end.
Aha that's put my mind at rest. Thanks for confirming that I'm not totally going stir crazy!! :D
Weird it only happens on the first run through and then its all ok.
Mine is played back via a Sony X800M2.

Useful for other folk to know there is a possibility of this happening.

You can get more Sync issues if you listen through the AV amp and watch on the TV. As the TVs picture processing and the AV amps audio processing is split so neither TV or Amp 'know' about the others time delay in processing the data stream. Used to be much more of a problem when we had slower processors. I think my amp has an audio sync timing option, might be mistaken as I've never used it if it has! My old TV often used to get the picture and sound out of sync when changing digital TV channels, as the picture would appear first then the audio, a quick flick back and forward through the adjacent channels used to cure it.

Phew

Even on my OPPO 205 there is sometimes a lapse between audio/video. Press Pause, wait a few seconds and then press play and most of the time the lapses CEASE.

What's your view on the mix? Front heavy and just ambience on rears and heights?
I like the mix in Atmos it sounds great to me. I really like how Mick's drums sound really full and big, definitely not focused on the lack of discreteness in the mix, the video and the way they play the songs are just fantastic. This concert disc will be a top 10 in my collection.
From a "close my eyes and just focus on the speakers" point of view, which I don't recommend, I would agree with you.
I would call it "fully immersive/ambient surround sound".
But my advice is: buy disc, pop in tray, sit back, turn up volume and just watch & enjoy.

I like the mix in Atmos it sounds great to me. I really like how Mick's drums sound really full and big, definitely not focused on the lack of discreteness in the mix, the video and the way they play the songs are just fantastic. This concert disc will be a top 10 in my collection.
From a "close my eyes and just focus on the speakers" point of view, which I don't recommend, I would agree with you.
I would call it "fully immersive/ambient surround sound".
But my advice is: buy disc, pop in tray, sit back, turn up volume and just watch & enjoy.
Very encouraging review indeed. I should have bought it when it was sold at 17 euros. Now it's out of stock and sold at 24 euros, but not a bad price though.

Back