Charlie Daniels dead at 83

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I played the Alto Sax in my high school marching band and we got to march down Pennsylvania Avenue for Jimmy Carter's Inauguration Parade in early 1977. Sometime during that week we were eating in a diner in the D.C. area and in walks Charlie Daniels and a few band mates. It turns out they were playing at the Inauguration Ball.

So that is my memory beyond the music - hanging out and eating diner food with the Charlie Daniels Band at an event in which with both played!

I've seen Charlie a couple times over the decades, the last was so long ago I can't remember where or when. :(
In any case, RIP brother, you'll be remembered and missed by many!
Sal

Saw him in 73 when he was a rocker and a stoner.
Hope that part of his legacy doesn't go unremarked.

Adios, Uneasy Rider, thanks for the ride.
Uneasy Rider - Wikipedia

Ain't that the truth. He also played with Dylan. Did countless troops shows, a real good guy.
Loved him, seen him a bunch of times, Volunteer Jam at Concord, about 5 times at Winterland and last at the San Mateo County Fair, 2-3 years ago.
I really soured on his vibe though when he became not in favor and outspoken about Obama. It seemed to me like "This Long Haired Country Boy" got too political.

Back