DTS-CD Check out my new "monster" PC

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
I added a page to my web site.

users.erols.com/jurban/

Click on the "see how it's done" link, then from that page, there is a "My Computer" link. I have pictures of the inside before and after cable connections.

NOW I should not have any more IRQ problems!!! :D

:-jon

Woooowwww... verrrrry cool! :smokin:

Now I have PC envy!

But gee, all that horsepower and you could only spring for 120 Mb hard drives? Even with seven of 'em, that's barely enough space to hold a single CD at 16/44.1!

Hahaha! That's just a typo from your To see how it's done, click here! page.

Seriously though, very cool PC!

Jeez...I'm still using my PIII500 because I can't afford the downtime in upgrading. I am looking at buying a 120 or 160GB external USB2 drive to put all this dts junk on it and eliminate the 5 other smaller drives. I did put WinXP on my wife's computer and it is pretty cool...
I hope you used gold-tipped RAM in your machine because it makes the highs more vibrant! HAHAHAHAHA

**** Alert - Alert ****

This is a Rolling Brown-Out Warning Issured by "The Nuclear

Regulatory Commission " Jon Turned on his D.T.S. Monster !

Now I know why we keep getting those power surges up here

in the northeast. -- NICE SYSTEM-- Let me know When you

turn it on so I know to watch for the surge! Did you get a dvd

burner for dvd-a ? All I can say is WOW! P.S. I tried to down load the d.t.s. file couldn't get it to download.

Rob

Jon , Upon closer looking , I noticed something interesting in your pix. Is that sheilding on cables and what cables are they , the silver one that is!? I have some I got for the drives and such from Nutron. What and where did you get yours from?
Rob

Hey guys, Thanks for the kind words.

The cables are shielded IDE and Floppy cables. I picked them up at a weekend computer "show". They are 18" long. I needed 4 IDEs, as I have 8 IDE devices.

Since they are rounded, they allow better cooling in the tower, as they don't block so much airflow.

:-jon

My... that's a big one!!!

Incredible. I hope it's working well for you. Please let me know when you are back 100%.

Thanks
Bob

Back