CHICAGO QUADIO - 2 Year Anniversary

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Passed this up at £65 when it first came out, what a mistake that was, after searching for a year or so to find one at retail price I found one at an online USA store which cost me £160 inc postage, still good value for what is the best sounding quad(s) ever (& as other have said I'm not the biggest Chicago fan), there's a used box copy on ebay.com, no bids at $280 even that is good value for what you are getting.

Just putting this out there for fellow QQ’ers:
I have accumulated over time the following individual blu-rays from the Chicago Quadio Box (all in very good condition with original packaging except as noted.)
1) Chicago Transit Authority
2) The Second Album *corrected stereo version - in paper slipcase - no artwork
3) Chicago VIII (for the song “Old Days” which I happen to love & is not included on the “Greatest Hits” blu-ray)
4) Chicago IX - “Greatest Hits” *not the corrected stereo version - Quad plays perfectly though.
I paid $125 for the lot, which (without trying to start an argument) I think represents most of their best work.
I am just looking to re-coup my costs + shipping to wherever you are.
I was going to flog this on eBay, but thought I’d give you all first right of refusal.
PM me if interested…
P.S. - Sincerely hope I am not offending anyone or breaking any rules by posting this here - if I am let me know that too! 😱
Update: sale pending. Thanks

Last edited:
Just putting this out there for fellow QQ’ers:
I have accumulated over time the following individual blu-rays from the Chicago Quadio Box (all in very good condition with original packaging except as noted.)
1) Chicago Transit Authority
2) The Second Album *corrected stereo version - in paper slipcase - no artwork
3) Chicago VIII (for the song “Old Days” which I happen to love & is not included on the “Greatest Hits” blu-ray)
4) Chicago IX - “Greatest Hits” *not the corrected stereo version - Quad plays perfectly though.
I paid $125 for the lot, which (without trying to start an argument) I think represents most of their best work.
I am just looking to re-coup my costs + shipping to wherever you are.
I was going to flog this on eBay, but thought I’d give you all first right of refusal.
PM me if interested…
P.S. - Sincerely hope I am not offending anyone or breaking any rules by posting this here - if I am let me know that too! 😱
If these are still available I’d love to take them off your hands.

I love the sound of my Chicago Quadio albums, the mastering of these 1970s quad albums is beyond reproach.!
Personally I believe using a 192kbs was wasteful of disc space, and our HD space if ripping, but in any case why bitch. So do many other albums on BD disc. I could downsample them if I wanted but haven't so -------------- LOL
Mucho thanks to all involved in bringing these old quads to us in the best sound possible, I'm so happy I could cry. ;)
Ten years or so back I would never have believed we'd have access to all these multich golden recordings from the heyday of quad, in this SOTA quality, what a treat and delight.

On a lark I asked the New Bing (AI chat bot) to write a poem about Chicago’s Quadio release. For reference, I had written my own poem about Quadio (post #11 in this thread: CHICAGO QUADIO - 2 Year Anniversary).

Here is my query, followed New Bing’s response:
—————
My Query: “I love the group Chicago. They released an album called Quadio, a collection of their many albums released in quad surround sound. Write a sentimental poem about quadio, referencing some lyrics from their songs to evoke memories from an old man.”

========== New Bing’s Response —>

Quadio

I remember when I first heard your sound
Four speakers filling up my room with jazz-rock bliss
You made me smile, you made me sing along
You were the inspiration for my love song

Quadio, you were more than just a stereo
You were a window to another world
A world of harmony and melody
A world where I could be free

Quadio, you were always there for me
Through good times and bad times, you were my friend