CHICAGO QUADIO - 2 Year Anniversary

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought mine through Amazon Australia who had a UK seller who had copies for sale. It took about 2.5 weeks cost was $A183 but now its $A215

If anyone does buy it yes disk 2 and disk 9 still have that mastering fault in that some of the tracks on each in the stereo track are mono (quad tracks are all fine).

But to rhino's credit they will send you replacement discs free worldwide.
Just email them at
[email protected]
and mention that tracks on disks 2 & 9 are mono and they will send you replacement discs but be patient it takes a few weeks for them to respond to your email.

As others have said and I agree the Quad tracks are superb. Rear speakers used extensively and the quality is so apparent in the 24/192 sound

Also received cancellation notice. Not surprised. Oh well. Not a huge Chicago fan though I love the debut. That's why I didn't worry about getting this earlier. Price was just too good to pass up- but also too good to be true...

Because the back-order was lasting forever, (I ordered it in September,) I cancelled my purchase of the Chicago Quadio from Deep Discount. :cry: They refunded my money right away. Disappointed, but it happens, right?
The next day, I actually get an email from The Warner Music Store showing the Chicago Quadio! Yeah!! :LB Well, it was the full price at $176.99, $81 more than Deep Discount but it must have been in stock, right? I mean, they sent me an email promoting it! I frantically looked for a coupon with no luck. But, at this point, I really wanted it. So I sucked it up and bought it.

Today, I get an email from WMG Store Support saying that it's on back-order and they don't know when it will be in stock again. :mad:

Really really pissed off.

Because the back-order was lasting forever, (I ordered it in September,) I cancelled my purchase of the Chicago Quadio from Deep Discount. :cry: They refunded my money right away. Disappointed, but it happens, right?
The next day, I actually get an email from The Warner Music Store showing the Chicago Quadio! Yeah!! :LB Well, it was the full price at $176.99, $81 more than Deep Discount but it must have been in stock, right? I mean, they sent me an email promoting it! I frantically looked for a coupon with no luck. But, at this point, I really wanted it. So I sucked it up and bought it.

Today, I get an email from WMG Store Support saying that it's on back-order and they don't know when it will be in stock again. :mad:

Really really pissed off.
Warner mIght want to do another run of this set as it seems they have no problem selling it. As well as the quad, it’s got a 192/24 stereo high resolution layer that can play on a standard cheap Blu-ray player...no need to have a fancy deck to handle MoFi SACD.

My set has caused a few odd problems with my OPPO 105D. While playing the first two discs, trying to use the navigation to get to something past the fourth or fifth song, the whole unit would lock up. And on Chicago IX, the video output is muted - my TV says there's no signal. If I stop the disc, the home screen for the OPPO shows up fine, but when playing the disc, no signal at all from the OPPO. I haven't played Chicago X disc yet.

Anyone else have these sort of issues?

My set has caused a few odd problems with my OPPO 105D. While playing the first two discs, trying to use the navigation to get to something past the fourth or fifth song, the whole unit would lock up. And on Chicago IX, the video output is muted - my TV says there's no signal. If I stop the disc, the home screen for the OPPO shows up fine, but when playing the disc, no signal at all from the OPPO. I haven't played Chicago X disc yet.

Anyone else have these sort of issues?
As far as lockups go make sure that Standby Mode (Setup Menu > Device Setup) is set to Energy Efficient and not Quick Start.

Back