CHICAGO QUADIO - 2 Year Anniversary

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think they are finding a few at a time in backstock. I bought one a couple of months ago from WMS, then went quickly OOS

Presumably it's worth plugging your address into the "Subscribe to back in stock notification" on the Warner store.

Any sane company would have that wired up to the "what should we press more of" decisions?

Right?

The music industry appears different from any other company where supply meets demand.
You know buyers want something and someone supplies the goods and makes money.
This would be like a car company limiting sales to 15 cars a year.
I know there must be other factors at play.

Presumably it's worth plugging your address into the "Subscribe to back in stock notification" on the Warner store.

Any sane company would have that wired up to the "what should we press more of" decisions?

Right?
The MOMENT you get an email saying it's back in stock, you MUST go try to buy it. Happened twice to me with Warner and, by the time I clicked to buy it, it was gone again. I'm guessing someone found a dozen in a corner somewhere and they went that fast.

The music industry appears different from any other company where supply meets demand.
You know buyers want something and someone supplies the goods and makes money.
This would be like a car company limiting sales to 15 cars a year.
I know there must be other factors at play.
Every business seems to have its own set of “other factors at play.” ( Like when the big Texas freeze took down the ERCOT power system, normally dirt cheap juice became like gold and people who could get it were paying prices as if it was gold.)

I bought mine through Amazon Australia who had a UK seller who had copies for sale. It took about 2.5 weeks cost was $A183 but now its $A215

If anyone does buy it yes disk 2 and disk 9 still have that mastering fault in that some of the tracks on each in the stereo track are mono (quad tracks are all fine).

But to rhino's credit they will send you replacement discs free worldwide.
Just email them at
[email protected]
and mention that tracks on disks 2 & 9 are mono and they will send you replacement discs but be patient it takes a few weeks for them to respond to your email.

As others have said and I agree the Quad tracks are superb. Rear speakers used extensively and the quality is so apparent in the 24/192 sound
I was lucky enough to pick up the recent re-stock of this box on Amazon US.
How will I know if my discs are “corrected” or not?
Do they have different spine #’s or barcodes?
Thanks!

Back