Chicago Quadio - 9 Quad Albums on Blu-ray Audio.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it was that price in the UK i’d be all over it, and i’m not even a big Chicago fan, but I was never a Doobie brothers fan until I got the quadio box
To be clear, the $69.99 price is for the Doobie Brothers set, NOT the the Chicago set. I think it is time a mod moved the confusing posts to the Doobie Brothers thread.

I think this information is correct, taken from Steve Hoffman Forum about the problems with Chicago 2 and one song(Colour My World) from Greatest Hits because it was lifted from the Chicago 2 (mono on side 2 instead of stereo)problem and that's why they did a replacement program for those 2 disc's.
No issues for the quad on this set, :)

https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/thre...ox-set-announced.531917/page-89#post-16223899
post 2216

Actually, it was only the tracks that comprised "side 2" of the original release of "Chicago (II)" and "Colour My World" from Greatest Hits "IX" that were in mono.

I only point this out in case someone just checks the first track or two and hears stereo and concludes they have corrected discs.

I think it was the second disc "Chicago II" that was corrected, right?
I have the Chicago & The Doobies quad boxes. I still have not found a CD4 decoder to hook to the two amps I own. I need to write Rhino and ask for a replacement? For Disc 2 of Chicago Two. Thanks- Steven Pettinga, Indianapolis

I have the Chicago & The Doobies quad boxes. I still have not found a CD4 decoder to hook to the two amps I own. I need to write Rhino and ask for a replacement? For Disc 2 of Chicago Two. Thanks- Steven Pettinga, Indianapolis
The Quadio Blu-ray Discs are in 192/24 DTS-HD Master Audio, so you don’t need a CD4 decoder.

Regarding replacement discs, for reference two of the discs (Chicago II and IX) had some tracks in mono, not stereo, on the stereo portion of the discs. All the quad tracks are fine. To my knowledge Rhino stopped shipping replacements several years ago.

The Quadio Blu-ray Discs are in 192/24 DTS-HD Master Audio, so you don’t need a CD4 decoder.

Regarding replacement discs, for reference two of the discs (Chicago II and IX) had some tracks in mono, not stereo, on the stereo portion of the discs. All the quad tracks are fine. To my knowledge Rhino stopped shipping replacements several years ago.
I actually contacted Rhino last week about the replacement discs. I was told that they were no longer offering the replacements as the Quadio box set had been out of print for so long.

Back