Chicago Quadio - 9 Quad Albums on Blu-ray Audio.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As long as you have the Quad versions who cares if the other layer is stereo or mono!
I don't, personally, but the hi-res stereo mixes are highly desirable to some.
This was explained to me, in that other audiophile forum we use, when I made this exact comment.

In that case, generous folks might privately & discreetly offer to help someone in need.
That would not be me, as I agree with the above sentiment and never bothered.

As I recall, rather than "mono," the authoring mistake was a stereo channel being duplicated on both sides, leaving half the mix missing?
Never been interested enough to try to hear it on my "defective" discs.

As I recall, rather than "mono," the authoring mistake was a stereo channel being duplicated on both sides, leaving half the mix missing?
Never been interested enough to try to hear it on my "defective" discs.
You have to wonder just how these type of mistakes get made! Does nobody quality/play check the masters first? Consider that there are many people out there that have no interest in surround audio but would still want the set for high quality stereo! Thankfully not a big factor for most of us.

When they screw up the quads, like reversing the rear channels on "Birds of Fire" or reversing the front and rear channels on "A Space in Time", you have to wonder what were they thinking?

Last edited:
Back