• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

HiRez Poll Chicago - QUADIO [BluRay Audio]

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

Rate the BDA of Chicago - QUADIO

• 6:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Fidelity, Poor Content, Poor Surround

• Total voters

polmac

I did a search on this site which came back ‘no results’, so now I’m going to mention Leonid and Friends. They’re a group of Russian musicians who do covers, mainly of Chicago songs. Close your eyes and you’d think they’re the real thing. They seem to tour the USA quite often, so I feel you’re a Chicago fan and they play near you, they’re worth checking out. They’re incredible.
Ps sorry if they have in fact been discussed previously, but I’m an infrequent visitor and haven’t scrolled through every page.

proufo

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Since 2002/2003
"Were" seems to be right. I wrote rhino asking about them and got no reply.
Nope. I jumped the gun.

Got a reply from Rhino:

"In the meantime, please reply with the following information (if not already provided):

— your name & shipping address

— an image of your defective item and/or store receipt..."

This last (image of your defective item) means that if you get it from an (the) ebay seller they will honor the replacement.

Thanks Rhino!!!

keywhiz

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
Weren't the issues on one of the earlier ones and the corresponding tracks on the best of? I remember getting replacement discs, but I can't remember checking them!
Yes. For whatever reason, what was side 2 of the Chicago (II) LP — “Wake Up Sunshine” and “Ballet For A Girl In Buchannon” are in mono. On the Greatest Hits disc, “Make Me Smile” and “Colour My World”, both from the “Ballet”, are in mono.

A bit odd since “Make Me Smile” is an edit from two different tracks. So it appears that rather than using the original stereo master for the Greatest Hits album they recreated it from the stereo masters they used for the other albums. Including recreating this ‘single’ edit.

salsdali

800 Club - QQ All-Star
I feel like a kid again cranking 25 or 6 to 4

Waiting for the break of day
Searching for something to say
Dancing lights againnst the sky
Giving up I close my eyes
Sitting cross-legged on the floor
25 or 6 to 4

WOW, I've never even heard A Hit By Varèse

Holy shiz

this is quad like it should be heard

I wasn't a quad fan back in the day, thought it was superfluous to stereo but Holy Shitz it's quad like this on a proper system that has radically changed my mind.

Beginnings and I'm a Man possibly the greatest quad ever laid down???

the 192kHz doesn't hurt either ;) :p

BTW this song (Beginnings) failed to chart on its initial release. It just shows IMO how much critics, etc know about music (and especially about surround later on when it became a thing).

It's funny, things did exist in 1974 but the world didn't know it, but I (and you) did in my basement.

and if anyone didn't get the Southern California Purples reference to severely heavy Cali pot that puts you on your ass well, you needs to be smoking better weed lolz

Last edited:
Group builder