Chicago Quadio - 9 Quad Albums on Blu-ray Audio.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We try, but we almost always fail. :ROFLMAO: Besides, he WAS talking about the actual title and comparing it to another version. Isn’t that something we always do in poll threads?

I wasn't talking about HIM(being off topic)..I wanted various members to welcome him to the forum...like we usually do to new members... but I didn't want to start that welcoming process on a poll thread and drive the off topic train off the tracks😇

I did a search on this site which came back ‘no results’, so now I’m going to mention Leonid and Friends. They’re a group of Russian musicians who do covers, mainly of Chicago songs. Close your eyes and you’d think they’re the real thing. They seem to tour the USA quite often, so I feel you’re a Chicago fan and they play near you, they’re worth checking out. They’re incredible.
Ps sorry if they have in fact been discussed previously, but I’m an infrequent visitor and haven’t scrolled through every page.

"Were" seems to be right. I wrote rhino asking about them and got no reply.
Nope. I jumped the gun.

Got a reply from Rhino:

"In the meantime, please reply with the following information (if not already provided):

— your name & shipping address

— an image of your defective item and/or store receipt..."

This last (image of your defective item) means that if you get it from an (the) ebay seller they will honor the replacement.

Thanks Rhino!!!

Weren't the issues on one of the earlier ones and the corresponding tracks on the best of? I remember getting replacement discs, but I can't remember checking them!

Yes. For whatever reason, what was side 2 of the Chicago (II) LP — “Wake Up Sunshine” and “Ballet For A Girl In Buchannon” are in mono. On the Greatest Hits disc, “Make Me Smile” and “Colour My World”, both from the “Ballet”, are in mono.

A bit odd since “Make Me Smile” is an edit from two different tracks. So it appears that rather than using the original stereo master for the Greatest Hits album they recreated it from the stereo masters they used for the other albums. Including recreating this ‘single’ edit.

It will be interesting what the cost of this will be. I totally do not remember what I paid for Chicago Quadio, though I was an early adopter and I'm sure I got a very decent price. So, per disk, how will they compare? :)

I recall paying somewhere in the neighborhood of $110 for Chicago from ImportCDs. Retail shows as $160

That was 10 discs so I’m thinking $60? $70? on the street

Back