Choosing a DVD player

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Q8Repair

Hey all... I currently have a quad setup, but I have a secondary stereo system laying around. I was thinking about using that to power a sub and center channel... Right now I have a DVD player that only has 'stereo' out. It sucks.

Lately, more and more DVD players are having built-in DTS and Dolby Digital decoders, with RCA outs. That's fantastic. HOWEVER, I still have two receivers.... anybody know of a DVD player that also has volume control? Preferably so I can tune the level of each channel from the player, but at the very leasta remote with a volume control on it. Right now, I'm finding a few DVD players with the decoders and RCA outs, but they lack volume controls, which is very frustrating. It'd be nice to find a decent player with volume adjustment, and some level of 'customization' so I could bump up the subwoofer/center channel independentally. I suppose I could just use the 'balance' on the stereo receiver, but that'd be kind of a pain.

Thanks!

Hey all... I currently have a quad setup, but I have a secondary stereo system laying around. I was thinking about using that to power a sub and center channel... Right now I have a DVD player that only has 'stereo' out. It sucks.

Lately, more and more DVD players are having built-in DTS and Dolby Digital decoders, with RCA outs. That's fantastic. HOWEVER, I still have two receivers.... anybody know of a DVD player that also has volume control? Preferably so I can tune the level of each channel from the player, but at the very leasta remote with a volume control on it. Right now, I'm finding a few DVD players with the decoders and RCA outs, but they lack volume controls, which is very frustrating. It'd be nice to find a decent player with volume adjustment, and some level of 'customization' so I could bump up the subwoofer/center channel independentally. I suppose I could just use the 'balance' on the stereo receiver, but that'd be kind of a pain.

Thanks!
dvd players will decode look for analog out put 5.1 in the rear. Most will play either dvd-audio or sacd also with 5.1 out

Back