Quantcast

Chris Squire "Fish Out Of Water" 5.1 mix (Blu-Ray Edition out in October!)

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

ssully

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Nope, just the ability to buy more music with the money you saved on not buying a big box.

My observation concerned whether there was any reason for box buyers to consider buying this. The answer appears to be no.

If, for example, there was a new mix that e.g., restored the missing bass part in 'Safe (Canon Song), then the answer could be yes. Ditto if the video transfer of the promo films was from a better source.

What's funny is that the promo text up there makes zero mention that everything on the BluRay appears to have been released before. Including the 'new' mixes.

sjcorne

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
I thought this new one has higher resolution and a new mix or is it Lossy? :unsure:

"WITH NEW 96 KHZ / 24-BIT 5.1 SURROUND & STEREO MIXES FROM THE MULTI-TRACK MASTER TAPES BY JAKKO JAKSZYK & THE ORIGINAL STEREO MIX"
They just copied that description from the original box set listing. It's the same 5.1 and 2.0 remixes as before, but probably in a lossless codec this time as they're using Blu-Ray. Thrilled to have it, as I wanted to hear the 5.1 but couldn't justify the cost of the big box.

J. PUPSTER

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
They just copied that description from the original box set listing. It's the same 5.1 and 2.0 remixes as before, but probably in a lossless codec this time as they're using Blu-Ray. Thrilled to have it, as I wanted to hear the 5.1 but couldn't justify the cost of the big box.
So is that false advertising then?

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Wasn't the 5.1 in the big box lossy DTS? If the 5.1 on the BD is lossless, that's an upgrade right there.
Since I already have the CS boxset and it does include a LOSSY DTS DVD~V 5.1 remix of Fish Out of Water, I will wait for ImportCD to list the stand alone LOSSLESS BD~A and replace the DVD with the BD~A

Last edited:

rusinurbe

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Did not buy the box because it contained vinyl.
I did write to cherry red expressing my disappointment at the time and telling them I did not want vinyl so I would not buy it. So I hope it was me sowing the seeds at least in some small part which prompted this needless to say I have now purchased this from Cherry Reds Web site