Christine McVie. 1943-2022.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sad news indeed. I have been a FM fan since their early Blues days. Christine's "Brown Eyes" from Tusk is one of my favorite Mac songs. I love the interplay and dynamics between her and Mick on that song. It will forever remind me of her now when I hear it.
Yes, "Brown Eyes" is a truly remarkable example of what Christine could do when allowed to venture out a bit. Tusk was an experimental album, and CM more than held her own on that on.

I think Stevie Nicks actually got most of the publicity from Fleetwood Mac. She did have a very unique and amazing voice. She also had a bit of a cult following, even appearing in the American Horror Story series in recent years. But I always liked Christine McVie's voice better. Beautiful Child is a wonderful and touching song, but Songbird makes me tear up every time in part because of McVie's angelic voice.

That being said, when the two of them sang in harmony, it's what I hope heaven sounds like.

RIP. 😥

Sad news indeed. I have been a FM fan since their early Blues days. Christine's "Brown Eyes" from Tusk is one of my favorite Mac songs. I love the interplay and dynamics between her and Mick on that song. It will forever remind me of her now when I hear it.
Was also listening to Tusk (from the Super Deluxe set of a few years back) and of course this song from it the other night...such a stunning and unique song to this day. And boy does it and Ms. McVie sound great in surround sound!

Everyone should check out the alternate version of the song that was also made available on this set. It's really cool, too, with a completely different vocal and lyrics by Ms. McVie and also includes a Peter Green guitar solo that is also awesome.

1670002006398.png

Was also listening to Tusk (from the Super Deluxe set of a few years back) and of course this song from it the other night...such a stunning and unique song to this day. And boy does it and Ms. McVie sound great in surround sound!

Everyone should check out the alternate version of the song that was also made available on this set. It's really cool, too, with a completely different vocal and lyrics by Ms. McVie and also includes a Peter Green guitar solo that is also awesome.
That Alternate Tusk has some pretty good stuff on it. Probably worth the effort to make multichannel mixes of some of them.

That Alternate Tusk has some pretty good stuff on it. Probably worth the effort to make multichannel mixes of some of them.
Yep, the Alternate Tusk disc from the set is just as enjoyable as the original album. Love to hear it in surround, but I can't see that happening sadly, especially since they didn't do the surround treatment for Tango in the Night (which, even though I still picked up the Deluxe set also mainly to have the extra and alternate tracks, was still quite disappointing).

I think Stevie Nicks actually got most of the publicity from Fleetwood Mac. She did have a very unique and amazing voice. She also had a bit of a cult following, even appearing in the American Horror Story series in recent years. But I always liked Christine McVie's voice better. Beautiful Child is a wonderful and touching song, but Songbird makes me tear up every time in part because of McVie's angelic voice.

That being said, when the two of them sang in harmony, it's what I hope heaven sounds like.

RIP. 😥
Amen, brother!

MICK FLEETWOOD​

CHRISTINE McVIE TRIBUTE​

Legendary Drummer And ‘Ukulele Virtuoso Jake Shimabukuro​

Honor Christine McVie On The Late Fleetwood Mac Singer’s Birthday​

With Touching Instrumental Version of “Songbird”​

https://mailchi.mp/streetblastmedia...ng-now-through-march-31st-627215?e=fc4109813c

Mick Fleetwood, the legendary drummer and co-founder of Fleetwood Mac, celebrates the memory of his beloved bandmate Christine McVie, who died last November, with a poignant instrumental version of her signature composition, “Songbird.” This rendition features the extraordinary talent of ‘ukulele virtuoso Jake Shimabukuro and is available today, on what would have been McVie’s 80th birthday. LISTEN HERE.

Also today, Rhino revealed plans to release newly remastered versions of McVie’s final two solo albums, Christine McVie and In The Meantime. CD, vinyl, and digital versions of both albums will be available on November 3, along with a new Dolby Atmos mix of In the Meantime. Pre-order HERE.

Fleetwood Mac went through a lot of lineup changes in the early days. But for most of the ride Christine was a mainstay, and a real treat.
I thought her singing was exquisite, though I did not particularly like some of her songs. After Nicks and Buckingham joined I was worried she would get crowded out. But she always managed to get a word in.
I confess I always had sort of a crush on her.

Fleetwood Mac went through a lot of lineup changes in the early days. But for most of the ride Christine was a mainstay, and a real treat.
I thought her singing was exquisite, though I did not particularly like some of her songs. After Nicks and Buckingham joined I was worried she would get crowded out. But she always managed to get a word in.
I confess I always had sort of a crush on her.
I'm sure I saw her in a 'side' band, Chopin, she had in the mid 70s but that might be the old grey matter mixing things up!

Back