Christmas spirit...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tumblr_46fb5d5313e7ff0b97ee4c305c19a996_68eb12dc_1280.jpg

Well, I am very grateful for how 2019 ended up. Last December 5th, 2018, I lost my job in an industry where I've worked for over 30 years. Being over 55, I certainly felt lost and maybe very unsure of myself. After 6 months of absolutely no leads, I found a related job in the industry I know. I'm super happy and "almost" making the same salary I made last December.

As a result, I could have gone several directions.

A. Save every dime I make, and live in paranoia that my working years are limited.

or....

B. Have a new zest for life, which includes spending money as you cannot take it with you. At least, I don't think you can. :)

Which, is why I purchased both Later Years, Gene Clark box, The Band Box, on and on. Oh, and surprised my wife this Christmas with a trip next March to Playa Del Carmen in Meh-HEE-coh.

Yes, I'm lucky to have a very decent job, and have managed to pay off lots of things in previous years to be able to spend some money in our late 50's. Nope, can't retire yet, but I can enjoy a few more years while working.

Yes, life does come with great sadness. We lost our first grandchild last month, and my pappy is getting much worse with dementia, this Christmas was a trainwreck. Ugh....... Life just keeps handing you stuff, and you gotta make the best of it.

Well, I am very grateful for how 2019 ended up. Last December 5th, 2018, I lost my job in an industry where I've worked for over 30 years. Being over 55, I certainly felt lost and maybe very unsure of myself. After 6 months of absolutely no leads, I found a related job in the industry I know. I'm super happy and "almost" making the same salary I made last December.

A. Save every dime I make, and live in paranoia that my working years are limited.

or....

B. Have a new zest for life, which includes spending money as you cannot take it with you. At least, I don't think you can. :)

Which, is why I purchased both Later Years, Gene Clark box, The Band Box, on and on. Oh, and surprised my wife this Christmas with a trip next March to Playa Del Carmen in Meh-HEE-coh.

Yes, I'm lucky to have a very decent job, and have managed to pay off lots of things in previous years to be able to spend some money in our late 50's. Nope, can't retire yet, but I can enjoy a few more years while working.

Yes, life does come with great sadness. We lost our first grandchild last month, and my pappy is getting much worse with dementia, this Christmas was a trainwreck. Ugh....... Life just keeps handing you stuff, and you gotta make the best of it.
Here's hoping you have a better 2020 GOS. I saw your signature a few days ago and am sorry you lost your granddaughter. I hope she didn't suffer. I am glad you chose to live in the day rather than in fear. Spend time with your pappy while you can, he knows you are there even if he can not always express it. The greatest memory I have of my great grandmother before her passing was her always knowing who I was even if she couldn't find the name. I got to spend an afternoon alone with her. I was knitting a hat and she kept demanding to know who taught me how to knit. I kept patiently telling her that she and other treasured family members did. The second best memory is of her passing quietly 3 days after her 102nd birthday, just long enough to grab the loot and run! She lost her memories of details but not of her love for her family. Merry Christmas Gene!

Its not been a great year as my mother was ill for most of it. We were all trying to look after her, but eventually her needs were too great and she went into a Nursing Home, who did a great job, she liked it there as she was safe and well cared for. Sadly its been an awful Christmas for us, as although her mind was good, her heart gave in 10 days before :cry: . We're having a family get together tomorrow as she wanted that tradition to continue. Family is the most important thing.

Its not been a great year as my mother was ill for most of it. We were all trying to look after her, but eventually her needs were too great and she went into a Nursing Home, who did a great job, she liked it there as she was safe and well cared for. Sadly its been an awful Christmas for us, as although her mind was good, her heart gave in 10 days before :cry: . We're having a family get together tomorrow as she wanted that tradition to continue. Family is the most important thing.
It can be very difficult. In fact, about an hour after I mentioned my dad, my mom called and said she called 911. He's not in a good place right now. I spent the last 2 hours talking to him. Trying to convince him that being at home is not a good thing. He was laying on the floor, with no clothes on. Just really not a thing I thought I'd ever see. He's angry, confused and hurting. I'm fully expecting a call in the middle of the night........

It can be very difficult. In fact, about an hour after I mentioned my dad, my mom called and said she called 911. He's not in a good place right now. I spent the last 2 hours talking to him. Trying to convince him that being at home is not a good thing. He was laying on the floor, with no clothes on. Just really not a thing I thought I'd ever see. He's angry, confused and hurting. I'm fully expecting a call in the middle of the night........
I am so sorry to hear that Gene. I hope for the best outcome for your family. Were paramedics able to come and see if he needs more care?

Wow! The lack of concern by the paramedics tells me they don't care for their job and it is the patients that lose out. If I had been them he would have been loaded up and gone just as soon as I saw him. I've had better treatment for a lot less serious health issues. Keep us posted on his condition please.

or....

Gene, I for one want to take you to task for not being an open, honest human being.

Pal, you're a true gem & I've never met you.
The Merriest Christmas & New Year!

I hope things are OK with your Dad

He's had 2 good days. I went there last night around 8PM to check on him. Also, I deleted some of my "pointed" comments in previous post. After calming down, I figured I didn't want to put all this in "social media".

Best wishes to U n urs...keep going...stay surrounded
Peace

Back