DVD/DTS Poll Clapton, Eric - Sessions For Robert J [DTS DVD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the Audio-DVD of Eric Clapton - SESSIONS FOR ROBERT J

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1 Bad Mix, Bad Sonics, Bad Content

• Total voters

Bob Romano

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Not really a new title but certainly forgotten.

Please post your comments on Eric Clapton - Sessions For Robert J (DTS DVD)

Attachments

• SessionsforRobertJ_Front small.jpg
    SessionsforRobertJ_Front small.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 206
Great tunes and an awesome band. Sadly, the recording is not discrete. For the most part they just take whatever is in the front left and right and pump it into the rear left and right. The result is something closer to stereo than 5.1. I'm only speaking for the electric numbers - don't ever listen to the acoustic ones. In any case it doesn't get much play. Too bad, it should have been one of my favorites.

I'm not a big fan of clapton's music past the early 70s but this is really good. A cracking band playing one of the great songbooks. It never quite makes it into top gear but its still got more fire than Im used to hearing from him.

As per the review above, it does feel like extended stereo but theres a definite sense of being in the room(s). The recordings are really clear and draw you into the space.

I reckon its a 7 from me - (2.5/3 for performance, 2.5/3 for sound, 1.5/3 for surround, bonus 0.5 because it's robert johnson)

Back