HiRez Poll Cochrane, Tom & Red Rider - TRAPEZE: THE COLLECTION [DVD-A]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD-A of Tom Cochrane & Red Rider - TRAPEZE: THE COLLECTION

• 6:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor surround, Poor Fidelity, Poor Content

• Total voters
Thanks! So can someone who has both the DVD and the DVD-A comment on the difference in the audio content? I have the DVD but have never heard the DVD-A.
Both the DVD and the DVD-A have the same 21 songs with the same mixes, just in a different order. With the DVD you watch videos while listening to the music. The DVD-A just has a menu with the song titles and the song you are listening to
is highlighted. The DVD has a choice of AC3 or DTS 5.1 audio and AC3 2.0 . The DVD-A has the same AC3 and DTS audio in the VIDEO_TS folder and has MLP 24 Bit 96 Khz 5.1 audio in the AUDIO_TS folder. There is no stereo
24/96 audio even though it is an option in the menu. (someone screwed up)
So, If you enjoy cheesy 80's music videos and are OK with lossy audio then the DVD is for you. If you want the highest quality audio and don't care what is on your TV screen then try to track down the DVD-A.
The DVD-A is ridiculously hard to find.

Then sell it. Or just enjoy a great collection and open it.
I also have the DVD video version, so I can hear the material in lower resolution. That is good for now. I do not want to give the impression I never open rare items. I cracked open a sealed copy of "An Evening With Wild Man Fischer" to do a needle drop. I just wait for the right occasion!

I also have the DVD video version, so I can hear the material in lower resolution. That is good for now. I do not want to give the impression I never open rare items. I cracked open a sealed copy of "An Evening With Wild Man Fischer" to do a needle drop. I just wait for the right occasion!

Like a fine bottle of wine. I had a couple of discs I did the same with.

Back