HiRez Poll Combo Audio - THE ORIGINAL [FLAC Download]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the HiRez 5.1 Download of Combo Audio - THE ORIGINAL

• 10: Great Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9:

• 8:

• 7:

• 6:

• 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters

sjcorne

Staff member
Please post your thoughts and comments on the 2021 reissue of Combo Audio's 1982 EP entitled "The Original".
The 5.1 surround & Dolby Atmos versions were mixed by John Kellogg.
48-khz/24-bit lossless 5.1 FLAC files can be purchased at Immersive Audio Album.

(y):)(n)
Combo Audio Cover.jpeg

I never would have guessed that prior to becoming one of WEA's go-to 5.1 mixers in the early-2000s, John Kellogg was the lead singer and songwriter of a new wave band that had a minor hit in the early-80s. If you like new wave in the vein of The Knack, this is a fun listen and the 5.1 mix is pretty adventurous for a three-piece with few overdubs. Backing vocals and synths are typically assigned to the rear speakers, and there's even a bit of fun around-the-room panning with the vocal echoes in "Romanticide".

Whoa! What? I saw them in 82 at an outdoor (big) frat party. I had no idea John Kellogg went on to do anything else in music.
It was the first time I saw a pedalboard of guitar effects, and he gave that thing a workout, changing effects often as the songs changed. I was right in front of his pedals but had to look up to see him play. I'll check this out.

Back