Coming in July - Mr. Big's "Lean Into It" (30th Anniversary Edition) on multichannel hybrid SACD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soundboy

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
From this link comes....

1991年に発売されたミスター・ビッグ2作目の『リーン・イントゥ・イット』。全米で1 位を獲得した大ヒット曲「トゥ・ビー・ウィズ・ユー」を収録し、日本でも話題となった作品が発売から30年の時を経て復活。30周年記念盤は、オリジナル・マスター・テープから再リマスタリングし高音質(192kHz / 24bit)に仕上げた音源を、MQA-CD、SACDに収録。さらにMQA-CD盤に収録されるボーナス・ディスクには、ギターやベースプレイヤーには嬉しい、世界初のギターとベースのパートをそれぞれ抜いた4曲(マイナス・トラック)を収録。バンドとの仮想コラボが楽しめる内容となっている。SACD盤にはオーディオ・ファン向けに5.1 サラウンドの音源を収録。なお両CDには伊藤政則氏による解説も封入される。併せて、世界2,000セット限定の7インチボックスセットも発売。5枚の7インチ、ポスター、ギター・ピックが入る内容となっている。日本国内ではタワーレコード、HMV、ディスクユニオン、ジョーシンで3月26日より順次予約が開始される.

which Google translate to....

Mr. Big's second work "Lean into It" released in 1991. Includes the blockbuster song "To Be With You", which won first place in the United States, and the work that became a hot topic in Japan has been revived 30 years after its release. The 30th anniversary edition includes MQA-CD and SACD with sound sources that have been remastered from the original master tape and finished with high sound quality (192kHz / 24bit). In addition, the bonus disc recorded on the MQA-CD board contains four songs (minus tracks), each of which is the world's first guitar and bass part, which is great for guitar and bass players. It is a content that you can enjoy virtual collaboration with the band. The SACD board contains 5.1 surround sound sources for audiophiles. Both CDs will also include commentary by Masanori Ito. At the same time, a 7-inch box set limited to 2,000 sets worldwide is also on sale. It contains 5 7-inch posters and a guitar pick. In Japan, reservations will start from March 26th at Tower Records, HMV, Disk Union, and Joshin.

Evo88.com is taking pre-orders for $25.99 with free shipping, although Evolution's releases typically show up at import cds.com

This is fantastic news, I have 6 Of Mr Big discs. When others on QQ where guessing what might be coming, all I said was I hope a surround disc comes out of left field that nobody is expecting and this is certain of that.
R-707440-1372174507-2891.jpeg.jpg

Also a link at the bottom for this page..

https://evoxs.net/mr-big-new-releases/

It has been revived 30 years after the release of the band's second album "Lean into It" released in 1991. The 30th Anniversary Edition includes a high-quality sound source remastered from the original master analog tape and finished with high-quality sound on MQA-CD and SACD in high-quality sound format. In addition, the MQA-CD version will include the world's first bonus track, and the SACD version will contain 5.1 surround sound sources.

○ Simultaneous worldwide release
○ Recorded the latest remastering sound source in 2021 (192kHz / 24bit)
○ MQA – The CD version will be released as a 2-disc set containing the world's first bonus track.
○ The SACD board contains 5.1 surround sound sources that are great for audiophiles.
○ With Japanese liner

The contents including the bonus track will be announced at a later date!

Release date: Scheduled for June 12, 2021

Wow, thanks for the heads~up soundboy. Although I never heard this group before, I have over a half dozen of evosound's multi~CH and Stereo SACDs and they are uniformly AUDIOPHILE in nature with some fantastic music. Just ordered Chlara's Acoustic Now Stereo SACD from Amazon.

BTW, ImportCD usually charges $21 + s/h for their Evosound SACDs in case you want to wait for them to list it.

Wow, thanks for the heads~up soundboy. Although I never heard this group before, I have over a half dozen of evosound's multi~CH and Stereo SACDs and they are uniformly AUDIOPHILE in nature with some fantastic music. Just ordered Chlara's Acoustic Now Stereo SACD from Amazon.

BTW, ImportCD usually charges $21 + s/h for their Evosound SACDs in case you want to wait for them to list it.

I think most in the US would consider Mr. Big an "one hit wonder" (but that hit, "To Be With You", was a #1 song). The band's lead singer, Eric Martin, is quite well known here in the Bay Area with his own band, the Eric Martin Band. In subsequent years, Mr. Big became an arena filling band in Japan (almost of its studio album are top 10 albums on the Japanese chart).

"To Be With You" was a #1 song on the Billboard singles chart in 1992; it also went #1 in 15 other countries.

Used to have a crush on the song Green-Tinted Sixties Mind, can't remember why :)
A couple of times I was sniffing around Mr. Big's expanded album editions and live blu-rays to make sure I'm not missing anything in surround. Last week somebody mentioned the cover image (taken in 1895 at Gare Montparnasse station in Paris) somewhere and now boom, here it drops.

1616330653496.png

The material is right, the bonus track is there, the price is ok - I'm in, $28.24 shipped to me.

The big question remains: who did the mix?

Not disbanded, just inactive since Pat passed. They may work together in some other configuration but to date they have no plans.

I am going to hold off a bit on ordering, I would rather order from CDJapan or is this going to be exclusive to EVO88?
For me Mr. Big is like a super group, bass Billy Sheehan, guitar Paul Gilbert, drums Pat Torpey passed due to Parkinson's replaced partly on the Defying Gravity there last release and super good by Matt Starr.
Don't forget Ritchie Kotzen on guitar super great.
Lastly Eric Martin on vocals is top notch.
3 killer albums that you should buy, represent Mr. Big very well are:
Lean Into It 1991
Bump Ahead (Probably my favorite?) 1993
Defying Gravity 2017. I was amazed how great this album was when I purchased.

Last edited:
I am going to hold off a bit on ordering, I would rather order from CDJapan or is this going to be exclusive to EVO88?
For me Mr. Big is like a super group, bass Billy Sheehan, guitar Paul Gilbert, drums Pat Torpey passed due to Parkinson's replaced partly on the Defying Gravity there last release and super good by Matt Starr.
Lean Into It 1991

Markie, doubtful CDJapan will be privy to Japanese pressings since like American companies Impex and Intervention Record's SACDs, Evosound's SACDs, IMO, can NOT be improved upon. In fact, Evosound's SACDs which come in Super Audio Cases are on par sonically with anything I've heard from Japan.

Interesting that both Impex and Evosound are releasing multi~CH SACDs but Intervention Record's Shane Buettner 'swears' he will NEVER release any multichannel product.......hopefully his stance will change in time!

As I type this, Amazon just delivered Evosound's latest STEREO SACD Chlara: Acoustic Now ...... the sound is BEYOND REPROACH. Absolutely STUNNING!

41ziyuc1gOL.jpg

BTW, Just came across this DEAL @ AmazonUS. Evosound's OUTSTANDING STEREO SACD of THE BEST OF FOURPLAY for $15.39!!!!!
51JwZU29LjL.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Best-Fourpla...DK0HJ33X3KR&psc=1&refRID=GGFBCYN92DK0HJ33X3KR

Last edited:
Lean Into It 1991
I hope CDJapan do stock it!

I hope CDJapan do stock it!

So they can 'DUNK' you for that fabulous DHL s/h fee? If CDJapan does stock it, it will be 'termed' IMPORT! Funny how even Evosound manufactures MQA~CD discs as well, since on this forum, MQA has received such a bad rep!

http://evo88.com/en/music?page=shop.browse&keyword=mqa+cd#.YFfHzi2ZMUE
They even list an MQA~'real' Gold CD:

http://evo88.com/en/music?page=shop...&product_id=1083&category_id=2&keyword=mqa+cd
edit: just ordered this evosound MQA~CD 24K Gold remaster [which is on the Warner label]!

Last edited:
Back