Coming in July - Mr. Big's "Lean Into It" (30th Anniversary Edition) on multichannel hybrid SACD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I noticed this as well but the mix sounds great so I'm ok with it. Billy's bass sounds the best I've ever heard it. For a rock album, the 5 1 is really really good. Excellent fidelity and some nice panning effects when the opportunity presents itself. I heartily recommend this title if you like the music. I would buy up every 80's/90's rock surround release if they sounded like this.

100% agree with this. That said, I did lower the centre channel just a wee bit. Sounds a bit more balanced to my ear now.

No, grooves.land. Pinged them one or two weeks ago or so, they asked me if want to cancel the order. Because they don't know if and when they receive their order.:(
What is going on???
If you mean this company:
Buy cheap CDs, DVDs, Vinyls, Games and Toys online with free delivery Grooves.land/Playthek

My advice is to get your money back. I dealt with them over a year ago. They advertise alot of music as in stock, take your money and surprise, surprise they dont have stock of most of what they advertise.

I used them via Discogs

Got my money back eventually!!

I raised a ticket with Discogs making them aware of Groove.Lands sharp practice.

Here is a link to the negative comments:
View feedback on seller: groovesland (discogs.com)

Buy cheap CDs, DVDs, Vinyls, Games and Toys online with free delivery Grooves.land/Playthek

My advice is to get your money back. I dealt with them over a year ago. They advertise alot of music as in stock, take your money and surprise, surprise they dont have stock of most of what they advertise.

I used them via Discogs

I raised a ticket with Discogs making them aware of Groove.Lands sharp practice.

Yep terrible company/shipping delays

I used them via Discogs

Thanks for sharing your (bad) experience and advice. I think I've to look for a different source.

No, grooves.land. Pinged them one or two weeks ago or so, they asked me if want to cancel the order. Because they don't know if and when they receive their order.:(
What is going on???
I've had very good experiences with grooveland getting import stuff for reasonable prices, but don't expect them to ever tell you they can't get it. You will be the one who has to initiate the refund request. Once I find something somewhere else I ask them for a refund. I will also say that if you haven't found it elsewhere yet, I did have one circumstance where they were able to fill an order for an impossible to get in the US title TWO MONTHS after I placed the order, so there is still hope.

I've had very good experiences with grooveland getting import stuff for reasonable prices, but don't expect them to ever tell you they can't get it. You will be the one who has to initiate the refund request. Once I find something somewhere else I ask them for a refund. I will also say that if you haven't found it elsewhere yet, I did have one circumstance where they were able to fill an order for an impossible to get in the US title TWO MONTHS after I placed the order, so there is still hope.
I'll give them two weeks or so before cancelling my order.

I just posted a review of Lean Into It here - Mr. Big - Lean Into It - 5.1 SACD surround review. I hopefully will have a little more info to add upon hearing back from their promo team, specifically where the Atmos mix created for this release can be found and where hi-res downloads are available. Meanwhile, links for the 5.1 SACD are included.

I just posted a review of Lean Into It here - Mr. Big - Lean Into It - 5.1 SACD surround review. I hopefully will have a little more info to add upon hearing back from their promo team, specifically where the Atmos mix created for this release can be found and where hi-res downloads are available. Meanwhile, links for the 5.1 SACD are included.
Really good review, thank you. I have listened to the Atmos mix with Apple 4K box, Apple Music, Spatial Audio.

Wow, I ordered this just a few days ago from Amazon.ca and received it already! On first listening I find that parts are very immersive while other parts are not. The drums and bass all pound from the front but not much from the rear. As someone else stated the vocals are a bit too hot. Still nice to have this, I never owned this album just the first one on vinyl. Nice that the SACD is actually in a Super Jewel box, that helps to distinguish it from regular CDs.

Back