Coming in July - Mr. Big's "Lean Into It" (30th Anniversary Edition) on multichannel hybrid SACD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve heard of the group and may have heard a couple of their songs played on the radio but I’m unfamiliar with them.

Where does one find the 30th anniversary edition?

Never Mind! I followed the link and found out there are two separate formats available (2x MQA-CD or 1x SACD) plus a single vinyl collection. And here, I thought it was a deluxe edition.

Last edited:
So they can 'DUNK' you for that fabulous DHL s/h fee? If CDJapan does stock it, it will be 'termed' IMPORT! Funny how even Evosound manufactures MQA~CD discs as well, since on this forum, MQA has received such a bad rep!

http://evo88.com/en/music?page=shop.browse&keyword=mqa+cd#.YFfHzi2ZMUE
They even list an MQA~'real' Gold CD:

http://evo88.com/en/music?page=shop...&product_id=1083&category_id=2&keyword=mqa+cd
edit: just ordered this evosound MQA~CD 24K Gold remaster [which is on the Warner label]!
I'll get stung for the the tax & the tax gathering fee no matter what :( never heard of evo88.com where are they US or Japan? They do take PayPal though.

So they can 'DUNK' you for that fabulous DHL s/h fee? If CDJapan does stock it, it will be 'termed' IMPORT! Funny how even Evosound manufactures MQA~CD discs as well, since on this forum, MQA has received such a bad rep!

http://evo88.com/en/music?page=shop.browse&keyword=mqa+cd#.YFfHzi2ZMUE
They even list an MQA~'real' Gold CD:

http://evo88.com/en/music?page=shop...&product_id=1083&category_id=2&keyword=mqa+cd
edit: just ordered this evosound MQA~CD 24K Gold remaster [which is on the Warner label]!
Linn doesn't like it! MQA is Bad For Music. Here's Why. (linn.co.uk)

There are SO many pros and cons regarding MQA it makes one's head SPIN! I will have a PRO version if and when my new system is set up.

And Reference Recordings still manufactures HDCDs....go figure!

Strange that the OPPO 205 ELIMINATED HDCD decoding and instead implemented MQA.

Last edited:
I think most in the US would consider Mr. Big an "one hit wonder" (but that hit, "To Be With You", was a #1 song). The band's lead singer, Eric Martin, is quite well known here in the Bay Area with his own band, the Eric Martin Band. In subsequent years, Mr. Big became an arena filling band in Japan (almost of its studio album are top 10 albums on the Japanese chart).

"To Be With You" was a #1 song on the Billboard singles chart in 1992; it also went #1 in 15 other countries.

And Billy Sheehan was very popular with the NAMM chops crowd. He was highly ranked in the Bass Player polls and whatnot.

Man, I want to keep my swearing to a minimum but what a screwed up site EVO88. I want to order but I cannot, maybe tomorrow?
[/QUOT]

KEEP YOUR COOL, MON. You have plenty of time to pull the trigger. Don't worry ..... Be Happy [you have separate components] ...LOL!

I'll get stung for the the tax & the tax gathering fee no matter what :( never heard of evo88.com where are they US or Japan? They do take PayPal though.

Well, Dunc, you can always move to the States and raise chickens 🐓and Swine! 🐖No Import Duties here.

Ye Olde MacDuncan had a farm .... e, i, e, i, O

Why bro?? My order went through immediately...
When I set up my account, I didn't see if they did it, but this morning when I cleaned my spam and trash box I noticed an authentication email, clicked that and now all good.
Got it figured out and ordered both the SACD and the MQA, this is a big album for me so I wanted the extra tracks only available on MQA.

Reactions: GOS
Also a link at the bottom for this page..

https://evoxs.net/mr-big-new-releases/
It has been revived 30 years after the release of the band's second album "Lean into It" released in 1991. The 30th Anniversary Edition includes a high-quality sound source remastered from the original master analog tape and finished with high-quality sound on MQA-CD and SACD in high-quality sound format. In addition, the MQA-CD version will include the world's first bonus track, and the SACD version will contain 5.1 surround sound sources.

○ Simultaneous worldwide release
○ Recorded the latest remastering sound source in 2021 (192kHz / 24bit)
○ MQA – The CD version will be released as a 2-disc set containing the world's first bonus track.
○ The SACD board contains 5.1 surround sound sources that are great for audiophiles.
○ With Japanese liner

The contents including the bonus track will be announced at a later date!

Release date: Scheduled for June 12, 2021
Link please😊

I’ve heard of the group and may have heard a couple of their songs played on the radio but I’m unfamiliar with them.

Where does one find the 30th anniversary edition?

Never Mind! I followed the link and found out there are two separate formats available (2x MQA-CD or 1x SACD) plus a single vinyl collection. And here, I thought it was a deluxe edition.
Sounds like there will be a deluxe edition, but it is extremly limited I think it said. Something like no links to it till March 26th. Unless of course, I dreamed all this....which is entirely possible.

There are SO many pros and cons regarding MQA it makes one's head SPIN! I will have a PRO version if and when my new system is set up.

And Reference Recordings still manufactures HDCDs....go figure!

Strange that the OPPO 205 ELIMINATED HDCD decoding and instead implemented MQA.
I have made myself crazy about MQA. I really wanted to listen to a completely unfolded MQA file. But it is funny for me to even say this as I am a total gear head, but the bottom line is you have to buy gear to listen to a completely unfolded MQA file. I looked into DAC's, streamers, etc and finally said, what am I doing and for what gain.
I have purchased a few MQA Japanese discs, they sound great even without a decoder for MQA. I think even if you have paid the full Tidal monthly price for Master, if you do not have a MQA DAC, your not really listening to the unfolded MQA file.
I have Tidal that plays via my Desktop PC at work, and even though I listen to Master songs, I do not think I am listening to MQA?
I think if you had a nice stereo set up, with a MQA CD Player and/or a MQA enabled Streamer, it would be worth someone's time.
But I just had to let it go.

Wow. Mixed feelings about this band...
My cousin and I were big fans of Paul Gilbert and Racer X back in the day.
We were expecting some more mind-boggling shredding as the band (sort of) morphed into Mr. Big (with Billy Sheehan no less!)
My cousin heard the first Mr. Big record before I did. I anxiously awaited his review.
Sadly, it was only 3 words: “Mr. Incredibly Small”
Still...can’t pass this up in 5.1.
Thanks for the tip - good lookin’ out 🤘🏼

Back