Coming in July - Mr. Big's "Lean Into It" (30th Anniversary Edition) on multichannel hybrid SACD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered off of Amazon and it states a July 30 release. I don’t mind waiting because if anyone says the mixes are not good, I will cancel both CD and SACD orders. Plus, I’m not familiar with the album because I was never into most hair bands of the time.

By the way, the Technics SL-G700 also plays MQA encoded discs but, it too, cost three grand. I’m happy I have an OPPO UDP-205, for however long it may last.

I ordered off of Amazon and it states a July 30 release. I don’t mind waiting because if anyone says the mixes are not good, I will cancel both CD and SACD orders. Plus, I’m not familiar with the album because I was never into most hair bands of the time.

By the way, the Technics SL-G700 also plays MQA encoded discs but, it too, cost three grand. I’m happy I have an OPPO UDP-205, for however long it may last.

Pioneer PD-50AE is worthy. With DAC board too. But pricey also. About 2k list. But who pays list ?

Just give your 205 a LOT of TLC, Perp and be sure TO NEVER FEED IT AFTER MIDNIGHT...and it will last FOREVER!

See the source image

I was hoping 30 years would have dulled the pang of my initial disappointment in what I was hoping this band would be based on Racer X and Talus…but no such luck 😕
I suppose face-melting shredding can only take you so far commercially, and I can’t blame the boys for making a living 🤑
I know the band has its fans, and the disc itself sounds great to my ears.
I will let the true audiophiles take it from here 😎

Maybe someone, anyone, who has it can tell us how good the disc and surround mix is? Someone.....anyone...….
Well you made me more curious than I already was, so it was on top of the to-listen-to mountain so easy to find, BTW I have just listened to once - so this is very much a WIP with caveats in that when I listen again I might change my view! First off I will say that I prefer their self-titled first album, so with luck it'll get the 5.1 treatment.

It is an 'unique' surround mix, not an immersive or discrete mix, but it is both in lots of places! The centre is used a lot as the musical 'focus' and is a bit to loud IMHO, the next focal point are the fronts, then just as you think not much is happening in the rear speakers, they grab your attention with effects, vocals, or guitars etc. which I think would be improved by a being a few dBs louder. In a few places you get some instrumentation bouncing around the channels. I did think the disc shows up the limitations of the original recording, as the drums or Bass aren't as 'clean' as I'd expected, which puzzled me as it looks like it was recorded at 30ips on a 24-track analogue machine.

For the price its worth getting.

It's real good, I am sure you would like it, surround is done very well. Lots of discrete stuff, electric guitar solos panning back and fort in rears, stuff like that.

Yep, I concur. I now have my copy. First off, the fidelity is super. DR are super solid. Which, for a 1991 rock title, is amazing enough. There is discrete stuff in the rears, though it's not a constant affair. I think it suits the music just fine though. So far, I'm digging it and it's nice to get an older (90's lmao) rock title in surround.

For example, the song Voodoo Kiss has some nice guitar licks that go all the way around...including center. Pretty cool, I'd say. During quieter "rear" moments, if you put your ear up to the speaker, you hear the standard delayed vocals...only to be edged out with a short guitar lick.

I've not listened to it all yet, and worse, not loud. Wife is in bed sick....

Yep, I concur. I now have my copy. First off, the fidelity is super. DR are super solid. Which, for a 1991 rock title, is amazing enough. There is discrete stuff in the rears, though it's not a constant affair. I think it suits the music just fine though. So far, I'm digging it and it's nice to get an older (90's lmao) rock title in surround.

For example, the song Voodoo Kiss has some nice guitar licks that go all the way around...including center. Pretty cool, I'd say. During quieter "rear" moments, if you put your ear up to the speaker, you hear the standard delayed vocals...only to be edged out with a short guitar lick.

I've not listened to it all yet, and worse, not loud. Wife is in bed sick....

Same impressions based on the Atmos version on Apple Music (I wonder if this title was originally mixed in Atmos and then folded down to 5.1 or vice versa?). The group vocals in "To Be With You" fill up the room really nicely.

Apple music saved me $60 on this one,as the going rate locally is NOK 500.-And then in Atmos too,sounds really good. :cool:
Same here, had it on my Amazon wish list but more than happy to get the Atmos version, instead.

I'm starting to get very strange ideas, with this streaming of Atmos by Apple.

Do I need all thse physical discs?
I've ripped the majority of them.
How many will get played again?
Should I sell some?

I know, I know but I'm getting so much pleasure from Atmos music that it really puts everything else into the shade.

Atmos is everything that I ever wanted from surround music 🎶

Don't worry, I won't change!!

Just thinking out loud.

Same here, had it on my Amazon wish list but more than happy to get the Atmos version, instead.

I'm starting to get very strange ideas, with this streaming of Atmos by Apple.

Do I need all thse physical discs?
I've ripped the majority of them.
How many will get played again?
Should I sell some?

I know, I know but I'm getting so much pleasure from Atmos music that it really puts everything else into the shade.

Atmos is everything that I ever wanted from surround music 🎶

Don't worry, I won't change!!

Just thinking out loud.

IF ONLY WE COULD DOWNLOAD POTATOES!🥔🥔🥔🥔

Back