Comments from the Audio Fidelity Forum

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edisonbaggins

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Spectacular Elliot Scheiner 5.1 mix of the Doobie Brothers' classic "Captain and Me" album, with hits including "Long Train Runnin", "China Grove", available on both DVD-Audio and SACD.

Thank you for the recommendation! Bare in mind, I have to keep OOP purchases pretty cheap. I feel it's more important to support new releases.
But I put some watches on Ebay and every once in a while there is a dumb Amazon seller.

Thank you for the recommendation! Bare in mind, I have to keep OOP purchases pretty cheap. I feel it's more important to support new releases.
But I put some watches on Ebay and every once in a while there is a dumb Amazon seller.

I hear you.. ;)

Captain and Me Surround is an easy one to get, the SACD is still in print (around £20) and the DVD-A is one of the more common Warner titles.. You need it..! (Trademark QuadLinda) :D

Quick interweb search showed options between $65 - 85. I'll keep my eyes peeled!

Yep! Duly noted (I'm a bit out of the loop on old DVD-A's, I stopped buying in earnest a while ago.. I had multiple copies at one point I used to see it all over) the Surround SACD (NOT the MFSL which is only Stereo.. pah spit!!) is the way to go.. $25 for a stunning surround mix of a classic album.. come on... you know you want to.. ;) ;)

Now that's more like it! ;) Is that for new?
I don't think I've bought from them before. I'll have to build a cart. How are they on shipping?
Man, wife is already threatening divorce over the Thrak box set...

Yeah CD Japan are great! Just don't go nuts and buy loads or you'll get whacked for import duty.. there are copies of the Surround SACD on ebay too, if you just search for "Doobie Captain SACD" avoid the MFSL Original Master Recording (waste of space) and check out the one's with Japanese writing on the OBI strip, hey presto you'll soon be in surround heaven! :D

Haha - I know. I'm still pissed I accidentally bought a stereo Joe Cocker SACD.
I really wanna hear it though. My mom really likes him. Maybe with a good faux-surround setting? Though I've never used those and I'm not sure which sounds the best.

PM me anytime, we need to let the QQ guys get this one back on track..!! :)

Just have Crest make 'em. Ok, just kidding.

Attachments

• sly.jpg
    sly.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 236
Blue Jays are winning the world series this year...in your face Snood

Royals allllllllllllllll the way Wheeeeeeeeeler!!!!! :cool: Hope we meet up in the 2nd round :banana:

Will root for jays 1st round though against the Texas Rangers (y)

Royals allllllllllllllll the way Wheeeeeeeeeler!!!!! :cool: Hope we meet up in the 2nd round :banana:

Will root for jays 1st round though against the Texas Rangers (y)

It better not be a 1985 disaster all over again...I still can't say Saberhagen without shaking my fist in the air...ahem...Frank Zappa Overnite Sensation!

Back