Comments Inspired by Beatles, The - ABBEY ROAD (5.1 Surround Mix) [Blu-Ray Audio]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I played this one from start to finish yesterday. Now that the initial shock and awe of actually getting this in 5.1 has worn off, this mix has become the new baseline in my brain. I found that I was playing around with the surround levels...juicing up side one by +3dB and the side two tracks by 0dB to +3dB depending on the song. It's still a ginormous 10 all the way; but it's just funny how one notices warts on almost everything when familiarity sets in.

Then I played Loggins and Messina Full Sail start to finish. Of course it's no musical titan like Abbey Road, but from a mix and sound quality standpoint, I actually prefer that product.
Interesting comments, thanks! You have good taste in music! I also recall boosting the surround channels quite a bit on Abby Road. I'm going to have to go give AR & Full Sail another listen!

I have the original Quad LP. Have had it it since it was released. The Audio Fidelity SACD has the rear channels reversed. Doesn't really hurt anything. This is an excellent SACD as was the original LP. Just a FYI.

I have the original Quad LP. Have had it it since it was released. The Audio Fidelity SACD has the rear channels reversed. Doesn't really hurt anything. This is an excellent SACD as was the original LP. Just a FYI.
Is this a Full Sail thread?

Back