Comments inspired by Jethro Tull - A (A LA MODE Edition) [DTS DVD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Fizzy. I emailed JPC.
I'll see what they say
This is why I'm going to wait on the new Gentle Giant for a domestic seller rather than go with JPC again.

Great video review, good pace or not being too slow. I've found some videos on youtube to be painfully slow and I can't sit through them. This one moved along nicely.

But I do find that "Signals" sounds like fingernails on a chalkboard to me. The first Rush album I did not like at all.
Gah! The original mix/master is a muddy mess. Have you tried any recent masterings? The individual album download from HDTracks sounds pretty f#*king amazing!

Bad news for me JPC says the hold up is with DHL
They are delaying shipments and processing thru customs to America. The non answer from JPC is that there is no timetable when my package will ship. Could be waiting another 2 weeks for it to leave Frankfurt.
I cant cancel my order and its too soon to consider it lost.
I know I can order from Amazon deepdiscount and importcd and get it but I don't want to end up with two copies.
Until their carrier of choice DHL gets fixed I can't buy from JPC again.

Bad news for me JPC says the hold up is with DHL
They are delaying shipments and processing thru customs to America. The non answer from JPC is that there is no timetable when my package will ship. Could be waiting another 2 weeks for it to leave Frankfurt.
I cant cancel my order and its too soon to consider it lost.
I know I can order from Amazon deepdiscount and importcd and get it but I don't want to end up with two copies.
Until their carrier of choice DHL gets fixed I can't buy from JPC again.

Sorry to hear that, hope things will get sorted out for you.

I had another issue with JPC. They have changed something with the security system their credit card processor uses and it won't accept my Visa. And that's all I use any more for online purchases ever since my PayPal account was hacked almost 2 years ago. Bummer really, cause it really limits the choices I have for ordering online... Have had no issues with them before, hopefully it will be sorted out.

At least you've ordered it! Think of those of us who wish we'd ordered Stand Up. Or Thick as a Brick!
Some of these sets will get reissued. I don’t see them leaving any money on the table here.

Brick and Aqualung for sure will get reissued. If you like to flip your sets as they peak in value don’t hold on too long with those two!

I think he's in stiff competition with Bruce Soord and Bob Clearmountain!
All 3 are excellent surround mixers but Wilson takes top honors for the massive volume of mixes he’s rewarded us with over the years and his dedication to working with the classics: King Crimson, Gentle Giant, Jethro Tull, XTC, Yes, ELP.

It's strictly audio in stunning discrete sonics but I can assure you ...... Ian and his bandmates ARE ON 🔥
That’s right. The video, called Slipstream, has only a few live cuts. The rest are videos of a selection of songs where they dress up and do conceptual staged miming to album tracks. Sort of like MTV , but was released just before MTV started airing.

That’s right. The video, called Slipstream, has only a few live cuts. The rest are videos of a selection of songs where they dress up and do conceptual staged miming to album tracks. Sort of like MTV , but was released just before MTV started airing.
The video has some ummm, interesting moments. The video for Sweet Dream with Anderson dressed in a vampire costume is a real hoot. I'm kind of partial to the Too Old to Rock and Roll... video as well. So campy, but way cool.

Some of these sets will get reissued. I don’t see them leaving any money on the table here.

Brick and Aqualung for sure will get reissued. If you like to flip your sets as they peak in value don’t hold on too long with those two!

I really hope taab gets a reissueas ud really like to have that one...but not at a $200 price tag..

According to Ian Anderson, they will not be reissued. I didn't own Thick As a Brick, and, since it was going for close to $300, I emailed him and asked him if I should wait until it was reissued. He said no - "done and dusted, bite the bullet and buy it now. Luckily, I held one back for myself."

Last edited:
The video has some ummm, interesting moments. The video for Sweet Dream with Anderson dressed in a vampire costume is a real hoot. I'm kind of partial to the Too Old to Rock and Roll... video as well. So campy, but way cool.

I liked it better now that it has better sound. Too Old is indeed good and the part at the end where Ian reverts to his Warchild-era look is cool

Back