Comments Inspired by Lennon, John - GIMME SOME TRUTH (Ultimate Remixes) [Blu-Ray Audio]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The POB and Imagine songs--aside from maybe "Working Class Hero", which is basically the same--are mixed more adventurously on Lennon Legend (I compared "Love" here), but the audio sounds like it was over-NR'd in comparison to the new "Ultimate" mixes.
Bruh. The Lennon Legend tracks are almost unlistenable, to me, sonically. I'm pleased with the sound of the new set! I'll check out 'Love'! Thanks, mate!

Just played this for the first time since getting my Yamaha BD-A1040 (with display) and the track numbers are one ahead of the actual track !!! Track 1 shows as track 2 and so on, never noticed this before but then my Sony 800m2 doesnt have a display so there maybe more like this, who knows?

Finally remembered this one and dug out the 12 channel mix now that I can listen to it.

Looks more like a 10 channel mix. 7.1.2
I didn't extract and null test the height channels to be 100% sure but looking at the meters and solo'ing them, the front and rear heights are identical.

This is everything I predicted from looking at the bed tracks and listening to the 5.1 mix. Hot garbage! This is the most glaring example of a faux Atmos mix I've heard so far.

Discovering the raw mix in the 5.1 dd stream is still quite the revelation! Someone turned in a genuine mix for this and it got stepped on. Now I'm just certain someone found a way to sneak that onto the disc because they were upset. You're awesome and I hope there was no blow back!

Discovering the raw mix in the 5.1 dd stream is still quite the revelation! Someone turned in a genuine mix for this and it got stepped on. Now I'm just certain someone found a way to sneak that onto the disc because they were upset. You're awesome and I hope there was no blow back!
Can you clarify these comments, please? Are you saying that the 5.1 mix from the core/bed (or whatever the proper term is) of the Dolby Atmos audio stream is significantly better than the 5.1 DTS-HD MA audio stream?

Back