Comments Inspired by POLL - Talking Heads - REMAIN IN LIGHT [DVD-A DualDisc]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's incredible. There's really no excuses if the rest of the catalog (or at least Speaking in Tongues) doesn't get the same treatment.
Their first five albums, including Speaking In Tongues were on Warner - very odd that only Talking Heads: 77 and Remain in Light have been repressed. The last three albums were on EMI.

Well this is interesting. My new copy came in from Amazon still sealed.
It is the old pressing. Back cover has Warner Records in writing next to a white circle on left and 5 lines of writing to the right side. So I got new old stock with a free chip off the case cover

Edit
I am mistaken apparently I have the new repressing after looking at pictures of the 2006 edition and comparing mine to Beefalo and someone else's

Last edited:
Maybe discovered inside a forgotten pallet from
Imelda Marco's shoe closet/warehouse ?
Well it was just now delivered. It's the real thing.

View attachment 63451

Great catch! That new Warner logo (Similar to the one on the Doobies Quadio) screams reprint and repress.
Must be a WB UK thing. Sure wish those people would connect with Micheal Dutton so some of the old quad stuff can come out on D-V. Seems like a Win-Win to me. What are they thinking?

Great catch! That new Warner logo (Similar to the one on the Doobies Quadio) screams reprint and repress.
Must be a WB UK thing. Sure wish those people would connect with Micheal Dutton so some of the old quad stuff can come out on D-V. Seems like a Win-Win to me. What are they thinking?
:unsure:
I'm kind of shocked (and pleased) that they would
reprint and repress onto DVD-A instead of Blu-ray.

:)

I listened to the RIL album back in 1982 on LSD. It took until the 5.1 mix for it to sound "that" good again.

This is an album I will not be going to back to in stereo. Some of our 4.0 and 5.1 mixes are like that, there is only forward and no going back.

Bryan Ferry "Boys and Girls" is also one I will listen to in 5.1 but have no reason to ever play it in stereo again.

Scored the SACD cheap recently. Really need to spin it!
You've heard it is fun, and stellar I take it. It's not usually a cheaply found disc. That album I can play just my three faves on it, or I can play the whole thing and it never wears its welcome out. If I don't play it often at all, in an effort to not burn out on a very enjoyable album. "Stone Woman" "Windswept" and Don't Stop The Dance" might be the three I like most.

If the plan is to re-release all 8 albums in the separate cd + dvd format, I would definitely purchase the set. For me, I’d rather have the separate discs but it makes no sense just to get a couple of the albums. Until then, even though they can sometimes be a challenge to load, I will enjoy my Brick collection of DualDiscs.

If the plan is to re-release all 8 albums in the separate cd + dvd format, I would definitely purchase the set. For me, I’d rather have the separate discs but it makes no sense just to get a couple of the albums. Until then, even though they can sometimes be a challenge to load, I will enjoy my Brick collection of DualDiscs.
I have gathered all albums in cd+dvd format except last one, Naked. It's a hard one and sales on ebay for crazy money. So I'm very hoping they also will re-release it.

I have gathered all albums in cd+dvd format except last one, Naked. It's a hard one and sales on ebay for crazy money. So I'm very hoping they also will re-release it.
It took me a while (several years.....like, 15) to appreciate the tunes on Naked. To me, it sounds like the beginning of David Byrne’s solo career.

It took me a while (several years.....like, 15) to appreciate the tunes on Naked. To me, it sounds like the beginning of David Byrne’s solo career.
No matter how much of a fan of Talking Heads one is, and I count myself as a huge fan, you can't get past the fact that side 1 of the Naked album is absolutely fantastic up to and including (Nothing But) Flowers. Terrific grooves, tunes and lyrics all the way. And then from side 2 they kill the whole vibe stone dead with the godawful Democratic Circus, The Facts Of Life and Mommy Daddy You And I. But even the godawful songs sound less godawful on the 5.1 versions.

Back