The Official QQ NFL Tailgate Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the Bruins know this sequence all too well. And my Red Wings need a win tonite in Montreal and a Capitols loss to get back into the playoffs for the first time in 2016
Good luck, mean it! More power to you.
zN2NxRP.jpeg
1713296916725.jpeg

the Bruins know this sequence all too well. And my Red Wings need a win tonite in Montreal and a Capitols (It's Capitals with an "a," damnit!) loss to get back into the playoffs for the first time in 2016
I hope that the Red Wings make the playoffs. They will play the Rangers which will allow us to engage in some friendly needling, Ricky.

However, the Wings do not have the playoff tie-breaker, which is regulation wins:

Screenshot 2024-04-16 at 3.39.12 PM.jpg

So should the Caps and Wings both lose, or lose in OT, the Caps own the tie-breaker. If this happens, and the Pens win, they sneak into the last playoff spot. I hope they don't. I'm tired of Crosby and Malkin. Ovechkin on the Caps doesn't bother me that much as the dude is fun to watch because he's bat shit crazy.

Holy Hot Wings...they did it last night vs. the Canadiens and are doing it again tonight. The Red Wings tied the game 4-4 with 5 seconds left in regulation. Did they dress Patrick Mahomes the last two nights? Game is going into OT now.

[Update: The Red Wings won in a shootout, but the Capitals also won their game. So the Caps are in the playoffs. The Red Wings had a nice season but came up a wee bit short.]

Last edited:
Dyed in the wool Canucks fan here. With Demko back and looking good, I have some hope for the boys this year. They've already far surpassed any expectations most anyone had at the start of the season so it's a win for me already.
We'll see what happens.

Last edited:
Holy Hot Wings...they did it last night vs. the Canadiens and are doing it again tonight. The Red Wings tied the game 4-4 with 5 seconds left in regulation. Did they dress Patrick Mahomes the last two nights? Game is going into OT now.

[Update: The Red Wings won in a shootout, but the Capitals also won their game. So the Caps are in the playoffs. The Red Wings had a nice season but came up a wee bit short.]
I'm a Caps fan but I don't see them going very far. They have been very inconsistent this year. Our only hope is if one of our goalies gets very, very hot. I've seen it happen in the past but it's a long shot for sure.

I'm a Caps fan but I don't see them going very far. They have been very inconsistent this year. Our only hope is if one of our goalies gets very, very hot. I've seen it happen in the past but it's a long shot for sure.
Rangers are gonna kick the Caps butts, Bill!

(Come on...give it back. I'm totally crushed that the Red Wings got eliminated and I wasn't able to get into it with @cbmmm3 )

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

It is a shame about the Wings. They really were peaking at the end of the season. A friend is a big Wings fan, and had hope they'd make it in this year...until he didn't.
Rangers are downright scary. Leafs as well.

It is a shame about the Wings. They really were peaking at the end of the season. A friend is a big Wings fan, and had hope they'd make it in this year...until he didn't.
Rangers are downright scary. Leafs as well.
Larkin

when Larkin gets hurt, they dont win.

Wings choked in last 6 weeks of season. Im not going to sugar coat it and in Detroit there are calls for a head chopping
Some point finger at Stevie the GM, some at head coach Uncle Fester. Red Wings fans expected more than the final result.

Larkin

when Larkin gets hurt, they dont win.

Wings choked in last 6 weeks of season. Im not going to sugar coat it and in Detroit there are calls for a head chopping
Some point finger at Stevie the GM, some at head coach Uncle Fester. Red Wings fans expected more than the final result.
Since the middle of March I thought they were... competitive. Close games whether they won or lost.

Back